Current time: 27/04/2024, 22:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buses and the Mersey Tunnels
Buses and the Mersey Tunnels
Having been an occasional traveller on buses between the Wirral and Liverpool City Centre. I have been wondering regarding the tolls charged to the buses.

With the toll for buses crossing the river £3.40 or £2.80 with the tag, if the operators are paying full price this would lead to Stagecoach and Arriva paying hundreds of pounds every day

Therefore i was wondering do bus operators receive a discount

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Buses and the Mersey Tunnels
(12/01/2015 23:40)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Having been an occasional traveller on buses between the Wirral and Liverpool City Centre. I have been wondering regarding the tolls charged to the buses.

With the toll for buses crossing the river £3.40 or £2.80 with the tag, if the operators are paying full price this would lead to Stagecoach and Arriva paying hundreds of pounds every day

Therefore i was wondering do bus operators receive a discount

Thanks in advance

All service buses pay the full rate, although there is a discount for using the Fast-tag. A few years ago, in an attempt to encourage more cross-river bus patronage and reduce car usage, Merseytravel gave bus operators a further discount but this was withdrawn as there was no evidence that it was having any impact other than reducing costs and increasing profits for the operators.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)