Current time: 05/05/2024, 22:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Stagecoach Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Wigan
(28/04/2014 17:05)mbonwick Wrote:  No. I honestly cannot see any JPT deckers seeing further use with Manchester, due to their poor condition and non-standard nature.
Yes, Mbonwick why they jpt send to wigan depot for? wigan dont need those deckers, do they? what for? for school bus?, i think when they finish paint new stagecoach livery i bet will back to jpt depot or send somewhere else. That my guess.

Martyn
Find all posts by this user
(28/04/2014 16:58)Scania3379man Wrote:  (The 2 S-KNK Olympians, the P-SGP, PN02 XBV and P2 JPT) when they finish paint then continue to wigan service or middleton service if I'm understand correct?

Thank you, Scania1996

Martyn

I have revealed all that I know and I'll post updates if I find out anything else tomorrow.
(28/04/2014 18:57)Scania3379man Wrote:  Yes, Mbonwick why they jpt send to wigan depot for? wigan dont need those deckers, do they? what for? for school bus?, i think when they finish paint new stagecoach livery i bet will back to jpt depot or send somewhere else. That my guess.

Martyn

The reason they are at Wigan is to spread the work out, don't forgot all these depots have there own fleet to maintain as well. The only reason they are at Wigan is for repairs.
(28/04/2014 19:12)Scania1996 Wrote:  The reason they are at Wigan is to spread the work out, don't forgot all these depots have there own fleet to maintain as well. The only reason they are at Wigan is for repairs.

Ah, so it just repair for 5 decker for continue service in manchester route, yes?

Martyn
No, as I said before, none of the vehicles are standard enough for Manchester to consider using them.

(OK, the Olympians are, but they're step entrance so won't get a look in)
(29/04/2014 14:01)mbonwick Wrote:  No, as I said before, none of the vehicles are standard enough for Manchester to consider using them.

(OK, the Olympians are, but they're step entrance so won't get a look in)

well my understand not very clear, sorry as u know im disabled(deaf) so I uddy now, thank you.

Martyn
17006 with Stagecoach Wigan fleetnames running Middleton depot schools today
I think Stagecoach should consider revising the departure times of the 32 from Wigan. During certain hours, the vehicle operating the service is late arriving, therefore making it depart late. Perhaps a change of ten minutes to half past and o'clock would work.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
The reasons why 32 is currently running late into Wigan is firstly due to the Guided Busway works which have closed Henfold Road in Tyldesley meaning extra traffic is now heading through Tyldesley and turning left onto Astley Street, depending on the time of day this can add 15 mins or more to journey times on 32 towards Wigan and speakinig of the bus works, things are gradually going to get worse as 50 weeks of works start on A580 from tomorrow (12/5), it might not be to bad at first but once lane closures start this could delay 32s even more.

Another place where 32s get delayed can be heading towards the lights at Hindley Bird as sometimes coming from Wigan traffic can stretch back to Higher Ince adding about 15mins or more to journey time.

As you can see there a quite a few pinch points that are causing problems to the route as I've mentioned
Stagecoach should think about keeping a spare bus parked up in wigan bus station that can be used on the 32 if ones running late so it keeps the buses on time leaving wigan.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)