Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Receipt for ticket
Receipt for ticket
Can someone tell me can you get a receipt off the driver when you buy a day saver or any ticket, it's because i'm on jury service and need to claim the money back
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Receipt for ticket
I'd have thought the ticket itself would be the receipt as it displays the payment on the ticket making it a receipt so to speak...
If I travel by bus or train for work I just submit the ticket as proof of payment.
INot too bad with rail as you can always hand the OUT portion in but a good question as regards bus travel. What happens when you need your Day/Weekly ticket to get back. Surely there must be some way of photocopying it in court.
Im on jury duty atm too!! Just take your daysaver
Its the same as a phone top up, the ticket itself is proof of purchase so you would hand it in once you have finished with it.
When I did Jury service, I kept all the day tickets for claiming back my expenses. Not sure if it is still the same now, as it was a few years back when I did Jury service, but any claims for expenses were submitted after Jury service has ended. Not sure if that has changed now, or indeed, is any different in relation to those trials that last longer than the defined two weeks you are normally asked to do.
When i did jury service last year , all the court service wants is the travel ticket on the first day and they base travel expenses on that first day for the rest of your jury service , be it one week , two weeks or however long your court case or cases last.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)