Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Receipt for ticket - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Receipt for ticket (/showthread.php?tid=802)

Receipt for ticket - dave4jackie - 25/02/2014 18:44

Can someone tell me can you get a receipt off the driver when you buy a day saver or any ticket, it's because i'm on jury service and need to claim the money back

RE: Receipt for ticket - RSTurbo50 - 25/02/2014 18:47

I'd have thought the ticket itself would be the receipt as it displays the payment on the ticket making it a receipt so to speak...

RE: Receipt for ticket - SNL 824 - 25/02/2014 18:49

If I travel by bus or train for work I just submit the ticket as proof of payment.

RE: Receipt for ticket - St Helens Rider - 25/02/2014 19:01

INot too bad with rail as you can always hand the OUT portion in but a good question as regards bus travel. What happens when you need your Day/Weekly ticket to get back. Surely there must be some way of photocopying it in court.

RE: Receipt for ticket - jimbo - 26/02/2014 00:16

Im on jury duty atm too!! Just take your daysaver

RE: Receipt for ticket - Mayneway - 26/02/2014 00:47

Its the same as a phone top up, the ticket itself is proof of purchase so you would hand it in once you have finished with it.

RE: Receipt for ticket - vikjm - 26/02/2014 09:45

When I did Jury service, I kept all the day tickets for claiming back my expenses. Not sure if it is still the same now, as it was a few years back when I did Jury service, but any claims for expenses were submitted after Jury service has ended. Not sure if that has changed now, or indeed, is any different in relation to those trials that last longer than the defined two weeks you are normally asked to do.

RE: Receipt for ticket - wirralbus - 26/02/2014 10:02

When i did jury service last year , all the court service wants is the travel ticket on the first day and they base travel expenses on that first day for the rest of your jury service , be it one week , two weeks or however long your court case or cases last.