Current time: 01/05/2024, 22:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Taxi ONE - Taxibus services
RE: Taxi ONE - Taxibus services
To be fair, how many pass holders are going to realise that they can use a taxi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/02/2014 19:27)MPTE1955 Wrote:  To be fair, how many pass holders are going to realise that they can use a taxi.

Indeed was trying to have A light joke that did not work...tbh dont think this service will take off rather use the 500
It did feature on BBC1's North West Tonight a few nights ago so some people may be aware of the service.
Tbh it is a joke they are allowed to run a bus service in a taxi, they should just buy a bus if they want to be a bus firm
They also operate a football service as well don't they?

It competes with the Stagecoach 917 service from St Johns Lane in the City Centre.
I think I've read this on The North West Bus Blog.
Taxi operators tried this kind of thing in various parts of the country years ago. It didn't work then, and it won't work now, particularly at the fares they are charging for this airport thing.

Taxi firms think it's easy to jump straight into bus operation. The problem they have is that what pass for the standards taxis and taxi drivers operate to are not going to wash in the bus industry as many have found to their cost.
The 1215 departure from Liverpool never turned up by 1230.
If this unreliability continues, I can't see it lasting long
(17/02/2014 20:30)507022 Wrote:  The 1215 departure from Liverpool never turned up by 1230.
If this unreliability continues, I can't see it lasting long

I have see it a few times , they use a 7 seat vw transporter, its not plated as a hackney
or a PH vehicle so i assume it a P C V vehicle .
He usually gets four or five people on Skelhorn street, ( has to tout for them , by showing them a copy of a Mersey travel Time Table). that's all that will fit, as they usually have cases.
What he gets on a return trip i have know idea .

Does any one know, can you use a seven seat vehicle as a P C V ?
And can a Taxi driver drive it ?
Can you tout for business?
What are these 14 other bus routes, they are going use these vehicles on ?
1)You can obtain different class ops licences for different seated veichles as as for e.g you can get a restricted 16 seater ops licence which allows you to use 16 seater veichles on a route which is like what street cars in wigan have which can be driven by someone with a minibus licence that allows them to drive upto a 16 seat minibus aslong as there within a certain weight which is why street cars got rid of there full size bus and went back to minibuses.
2)nothing stops you touting for buissness as i got told stagecoach do it it fir there 917 football buses.
3)i cant see these other 14 routes even materialise in which they say they are going to start.
It's not exactly 'touting', but what you can do is "promote" your service by handing out timetables and advising people about the service you are providing, and answering their questions.

Just as long as they're not all "GET IN THE VAN" it's fine Laugh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)