Current time: 21/05/2024, 03:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Service Ideas
RE: Service Ideas
(12/09/2013 21:54)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(12/09/2013 12:49)E208 WBG Wrote:  I think over the years we have lost some routes that may be profitable now on both sides of the mersey...does anyone agree....what services in wirral and liverpool would you bring back

I would like to see the 761 Liverpool - Preston via Ormskirk brought back for one.

This would have to be split into two seperate services probably Liverpool - Ormskirk and Ormskirk - Preston but use the same vehicle to comply with regulations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/09/2013 22:35)Scania1996 Wrote:  I'd like to see the 319 extend to Southport again as there is no direct link between St.Helens and Southport, I remember the much better days when it was in the hands of Stagecoach before a certain company got involved. I must admit though that route had some variety from an E reg Volvo decker to a Stagecoach SPD.
Strawberry trialled an extension back to Southport over the summer a few years ago. It wasnt well enough used hence the retention of the curtailing at Ormskirk.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
The concessionary pass is starting kill some routes off due to the lack of a good remuneration , probably the 319's extension suffered that fate .
Yes, it did. That's the reason Stagecoach gave for pulling the route.

(13/09/2013 17:28)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Yes, it did. That's the reason Stagecoach gave for pulling the route.

Also what didn't help Stagecoach was competition from a certain independent. Quite a few journeys clashed I seem to remember.
I know rumors arnt structurly sound but there was a lot of talk of Stagecoach doing a X10 from Liverpool to Wigan. Has anyone heard anything else off this or has it escaped the paper weight?.

My Fleet:
780 - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - MX12 DYU - ACE Travel
4488 - Wright Gemini 2 - CX61 CDY - Arriva Crymu Coastliner
27717 - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - PO11 BCV - Stagecoach M,side
4510 - Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 Hybrid - MX13 AEM - Arriva B,Head
5001 - Caetano City Gold Hydro - MX62 KSZ - Arriva Runcorn
189 - Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 - BF62 JZU - HTL
3055 - Wright Pulsar 2 - MX13 ANR - Arriva Green Lane

(13/09/2013 18:21)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(13/09/2013 17:28)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Yes, it did. That's the reason Stagecoach gave for pulling the route.

Also what didn't help Stagecoach was competition from a certain independent. Quite a few journeys clashed I seem to remember.
I'm led to believe the decision to withdraw it was made long before Fairway began make indents in Stagecoach's passenger numbers. Don't recall any journeys clashing though. Fairly certain they ran in the gaps between Stagecoach's services until they took on the Stagecoach timetable when they ceased to operate the route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)