Current time: 03/05/2024, 07:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Service Ideas
Lightbulb Service Ideas
I can't find a thread with this subject (which is surprising as it was popular - especially when "Infamy141" was on here!), so I've decided to create one as I have a few service ideas and would like feedback as to whether people think that they'd work or not.

My first idea was the following, as there's no link from Kirkby to Waddicar, Old Roan and Aintree and no link from Melling to pretty-much anywhere(!):
Kirkby Railway Station > Kirkby Civic Centre Bus Station > Tower Hill > Melling > Waddicar > Old Roan > Aintree > Walton > Liverpool (possible number 45 as it follows much of the Arriva 345 route - with cheaper fares than Arriva and Stagecoach, I reckon that it could work)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Service Ideas
A Liverpool South Parkway to John Lennon Airport express bus that is free to rail users. Then I would use the train to get to the airport all of the time
Find all posts by this user
Got to be said, but a Chester express/direct service like the old X11.

Another Cheshire service I would like to see is a Summer only Chester railway station - Cheshire Oaks shuttle. There is a lot of demand for such a service, particularly from Asian tourists.

People are not prepared to either get another train to Bache then the 1, nor are they prepared to get a bus to Foregate Street, walk to the bus exchange, then get the 1 - especially with no "multi operator" tickets.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
With regards Liverpool South Parkway - Liverpool Airport , whilst there is service 80A and 86A operating there will never be a free link.

Have you seen the area around Chester Railway Station its like piccadilly circus with buses , taxi's and car's and you want to add extra to that , the front of that station looks like a lawyers paradise for work.

When the old service X11 was operating outside of the peak , it never had more than half a dozen passengers , largely because it omitted the New Ferry and Rock Ferry sections of the route .
As I posted in enother thread "Some sort of a shuttle service between Woodside Ferry Terminal and the bus station in Birkenhead, making connections with the ferry would not go a miss".
(08/09/2013 20:27)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  As I posted in enother thread "Some sort of a shuttle service between Woodside Ferry Terminal and the bus station in Birkenhead, making connections with the ferry would not go a miss".
Your wish has been granted! From the 27/10/2013, Arriva's 403/413 will call at Birkenhead Bus Station (stop 11 - on Conway Street) on their way to Woodside Ferry from Seacombe Ferry, consequently bridging a 15-minute frequency from Birkenhead Bus Station to Woodside Ferry on Monday to Saturday daytimes. Not bad, considering that there's practically nothing at the moment!

(08/09/2013 19:59)First Class Wrote:  Got to be said, but a Chester express/direct service like the old X11.
(08/09/2013 20:15)wirralbus Wrote:  When the old service X11 was operating outside of the peak , it never had more than half a dozen passengers , largely because it omitted the New Ferry and Rock Ferry sections of the route .
Personally, I think that an X11 would work now due to the fact that passengers, like myself, must be getting sick of having to sit on a bus for an extra 30 minutes if they're going more-or-less the whole way. (I know that I've certainly been put-off of going to Chester due to the poor bus services that run now from Liverpool.) However, would Merseytravel (etc...) allow such a service to run due to the "QBP" being in place?

Furthermore, what route would it be best taking - peak time and normal time? Also, would a weekend service be worth running?

I'd like to see a fast service between St Helens - Leigh - Manchester, perhaps maybe extending some X34 journeys through to St Helens. Could have a similar stopping pattern to the former GM Buses Express 34.
I'd like to see a Stagecoach in Wigan service running in a circle from Wigan through hindley, platt bridge, Ashton and back to Wigan.

The 620 is the only way to get from hindley to Ashton and its only once an hour and never on time.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(08/09/2013 21:33)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(08/09/2013 19:59)First Class Wrote:  Got to be said, but a Chester express/direct service like the old X11.
(08/09/2013 20:15)wirralbus Wrote:  When the old service X11 was operating outside of the peak , it never had more than half a dozen passengers , largely because it omitted the New Ferry and Rock Ferry sections of the route .
Personally, I think that an X11 would work now due to the fact that passengers, like myself, must be getting sick of having to sit on a bus for an extra 30 minutes if they're going more-or-less the whole way. (I know that I've certainly been put-off of going to Chester due to the poor bus services that run now from Liverpool.) However, would Merseytravel (etc...) allow such a service to run due to the "QBP" being in place?

Furthermore, what route would it be best taking - peak time and normal time? Also, would a weekend service be worth running?

Probably there could be a peak X11 omitting New Ferry and Rock Ferry and X12 off peak operating via New ferry and Rock Ferry.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)