Current time: 18/05/2024, 05:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumfybus
RE: Cumfybus
ZOOOOM!!

Superfast Solo (MX57 CDO) seen on route 135 today. Haven't seen this bus in ages.

This is the one with the powerful Cummins 5.9 litre ISBe engine (basically a Dennis Dart engine), as opposed to the usual 'adequate' 4.2 litre Merc OM904 four-cylinder engine.

I reckon Cumfybus like these beefy six-cylinder Solos, as they've called one of them 'AMY' (MX04 VLU)??
VERY quick busesWink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Solo M710SE MX08 DHL was unusually on the 130 yesterday evening. Also, I seen "The Flyde Villager"-branded Solo M880 MX09 MJK heading towards Ashworth Hospital yesterday evening, so I presume that that was unusually on the 210/250 for the night.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
MX08 DHL is on the 139 today...poor passengers on that.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(20/07/2012 14:42)mathias Wrote:  ZOOOOM!!

Superfast Solo (MX57 CDO) seen on route 135 today. Haven't seen this bus in ages.

This is the one with the powerful Cummins 5.9 litre ISBe engine (basically a Dennis Dart engine), as opposed to the usual 'adequate' 4.2 litre Merc OM904 four-cylinder engine.

I reckon Cumfybus like these beefy six-cylinder Solos, as they've called one of them 'AMY' (MX04 VLU)??
VERY quick busesWink

Brilliant aren't they mate! R557 ABA and I had one on one of the last 193s of the night a few months a go, one of the old Edge Hill ones I think, my god it could shift! Fantastic buses!
(20/07/2012 17:49)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(20/07/2012 14:42)mathias Wrote:  ZOOOOM!!

VERY quick busesWink
Brilliant aren't they mate! R557 ABA and I had one on one of the last 193s of the night a few months a go, one of the old Edge Hill ones I think, my god it could shift! Fantastic buses!
There's one - MX06 YYA, I think - that doesn't have a working speedometer! It says that the bus is going faster than what its' actual speed. (I haven't been on that bus for a while, so it might have been fixed now.)

On that note too, fellow Cummins engined Solo MX04 VLU was on the 838 (Halewood - Seaforth) this morning!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Solo M880 MX57 CDO was unusually on the C1/C3 today! Also, Solo M850 MX06 ABN was unusually on the 158 tonight! These larger buses must have been displaced from use on the 3A in Lancashire; that contract now belongs to Holmeswood. What's confusing me, though, is that there seems to be a lot of newer buses on the road, yet the older wrecks are still around... Huh

(21/07/2012 21:45)27701 Wrote:  Solo M880 MX57 CDO was unusually on the C1/C3 today! Also, Solo M850 MX06 ABN was unusually on the 158 tonight! These larger buses must have been displaced from use on the 3A in Lancashire; that contract now belongs to Holmeswood. What's confusing me, though, is that there seems to be a lot of newer buses on the road, yet the older wrecks are still around... Huh

Was thinking that myself, to me it seems they have enough Modern/new buses to displace the T-OUB's for one , though I haven't seen the DAF Mylleniums for a while have they been sold along with the Tridents??

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
the milleniums and tridents are all parked up in southport depot.
some of them solo's are nice buses and i know its made a good impression to passengers on the 139 as i was talking to a few last night and they are happy with the service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)