Current time: 29/03/2024, 00:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumfybus
Cumfybus
All post relating to Cumfybus go here Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Cumfybus
Optare Solo M950 MX06 YXV was out on the 57C/58C/144/145 today.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
X181 NWR or X182 NWR (cant remember which but it was one of them) was receiving some serious attention from a fitter whilst broke down at the Bootle Strand this morning. Also T419 OUB's destination boards arent working yet again with 139 stuck to the window today.
Hybrid Solos have been a daily allocation on the 152 (St Helens - Rainford circular) this week with them being present at least today, Friday and Wednesday. They've stayed out all day too. Today's allocation was GXD. Whilst it's nice seeing these in St Helens, how're the C routes being allocated?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
The C routes still see mostly Diesel Solo's from what I see, a mixture between the '59 ones and '08 ones.
As I say then, as nice as it is to see these Solos in St Helens and be able to catch a ride locally, they belong on the C routes really so should be up there with the diesel Solos down this way!

They're getting worse as today there was at least one S reg Solo on the C1/3 and from my sightings just the one hybrid out, on the C1. Though can't expect much less from Cumfybus, there was always 1 or 2 YJ59s away from the C routes on any given day, you'd think these hybrids would stick to the services they were supposedly bought for a bit more than they currently are.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
^ An amazing song resides your signature, CX06 EBK! Smile

Why is it that CumfyBus seem to be sitting in the dark ages with old Solo's? It makes no sense to me personally. Also aren't these that they are receiving the last Optare Solo bodies to be made ever? I hope they are, it's outdated now that bodywork, and although when they were new I loved them, they're well past their sell-by date.
Sorry to fall off topic here but I think the new LED light cluster makes the vehicles look pretty modern. It's when they still have the older cluster that they look dated to me. As for Cumfybus' oldest Solos, should they not have been withdrawn when the new hybrids arrived?

I posted last week on the previous forum before it carshed about Cumfy storing 4 withdrawn Aleros (YR02YTB, YR02GPX, YP52BPE and YN04XZM) paarked/dumped at a location in Southport.
Please can I repeat my request for information or photos of any other withdrawn Aleros (or a list of which ones are still in service) or Solos.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)