Current time: 30/04/2024, 09:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bullocks Coaches
RE: Bullocks Coaches
(25/10/2012 17:33)P528LND Wrote:  They run the 147 service between Fairfield Street and the Manchester University Hospitals using the new Volvo B5L's, previously they ran it with Scania Omnicities and Omnidekka's occasionally. They, as far as I know, kept this service when Stagecoach bought the other services and vehicles. I don't even know if they took many vehicles at all, I'm sure Bullocks were left with quite a substantial fleet Smile

Unlike the Maynes takeover where all the bus operations were bought ( along with 39 vehicles), Stagecoach only acquired about 15 vehicles from Bullocks including the batch of East Lancs Tridents and the infamous Spectra's.
Bullocks retained the vehicles used for the 147 along with the East Lancs Scania's and several Olympians for school services, and since have acquired an ex Arriva olympian and 4 ex Dublin bus Olympians again for school services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/10/2012 23:00)Mayneway Wrote:  
(25/10/2012 17:33)P528LND Wrote:  They run the 147 service between Fairfield Street and the Manchester University Hospitals using the new Volvo B5L's, previously they ran it with Scania Omnicities and Omnidekka's occasionally. They, as far as I know, kept this service when Stagecoach bought the other services and vehicles. I don't even know if they took many vehicles at all, I'm sure Bullocks were left with quite a substantial fleet Smile

Unlike the Maynes takeover where all the bus operations were bought ( along with 39 vehicles), Stagecoach only acquired about 15 vehicles from Bullocks including the batch of East Lancs Tridents and the infamous Spectra's.
Bullocks retained the vehicles used for the 147 along with the East Lancs Scania's and several Olympians for school services, and since have acquired an ex Arriva olympian and 4 ex Dublin bus Olympians again for school services.

They haven't done much with the ex Dublin Buses. Still in Dublin's blue & yellow colours. They do look rubbish. I thought that they may have bought newer buses than those of 1998 heritage that were already 12 years old when Bullock's got them.
(26/10/2012 07:28)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(25/10/2012 23:00)Mayneway Wrote:  

They haven't done much with the ex Dublin Buses. Still in Dublin's blue & yellow colours. They do look rubbish. I thought that they may have bought newer buses than those of 1998 heritage that were already 12 years old when Bullock's got them.

Yes, unusual for Bullocks to aquire such 'elderly' kit, suspect pobably aquired for a specific fairly short term contract so not worth cost of repainting.
(26/10/2012 09:09)DVL418 Wrote:  
(26/10/2012 07:28)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(25/10/2012 23:00)Mayneway Wrote:  Unlike the Maynes takeover where all the bus operations were bought ( along with 39 vehicles), Stagecoach only acquired about 15 vehicles from Bullocks including the batch of East Lancs Tridents and the infamous Spectra's.

Yes, unusual for Bullocks to aquire such 'elderly' kit, suspect pobably aquired for a specific fairly short term contract so not worth cost of repainting.

I must admit I thought the same, about Bullocks with 'elderly' kit. I wouldn't know that a fairly short term contract would discourage from getting something more respectable. I have see these buses doing school contracts in the Cheadle & Stockport area but they were doing those contracts last year too. How does one define a 'short term contract'?
They do look untidy, although I'm surprised they have never done anything with them, the Olympian they bought soon after the stagecoach takeover (think it was an Ex Arriva one) was very quickly repainted into their livery.
Finglands coaching business sold to Bullocks. All but two vehicles to transfer.

Something, something, something Dart Side...
Seems EYMS just wanted to get rid of finglands. First bus to first (still awaiting fair trade thingy) and now coaches
Its quite fitting in a way that the coach side of Finglands has ended up with Bullocks.

Many many years ago there was a link between Finglands coachways and Bullocks. Carnt for the life of me remember what it was though.
Wasn't in the days when part of the Finglands operations was known as Fieldsends was it?
(10/10/2013 06:10)M60lad Wrote:  Wasn't in the days when part of the Finglands operations was known as Fieldsends was it?

I carn't remember what the connection was but their was defiantly a link between them, they both acquired their Tigers at the same time for whatever the link was.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)