Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bullocks Coaches
Bullocks Coaches
Does anyone know what Bullock's do with their Wright Gemini 2 bodied Volvo B5LH Hybrids these days?
I have seen them parked up at their depot in Cheadle before 7am on the occasional Saturday morning. I thought they had given up regular bus routes some time ago. The odd photo on Flickr dates back to early 2011.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Bullocks Coaches
They operate on the weekdays only 147 Oxford Road to Piccadilly Station.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/10/2012 11:03)R557 ABA Wrote:  They operate on the weekdays only 147 Oxford Road to Piccadilly Station.

I thought they lost their permission to do "regular type" bus services when Stagecoach bought them out.
I'm sure there was terms in which they could retain that service with then the Scania Omnicities and a good amount of their bus fleet too, not too sure on the situation in which the service is registered though.

(24/10/2012 11:25)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(24/10/2012 11:03)R557 ABA Wrote:  They operate on the weekdays only 147 Oxford Road to Piccadilly Station.

I thought they lost their permission to do "regular type" bus services when Stagecoach bought them out.

Not quite. Stagecoach purchased a couple of routes and a batch of vehicles. The Oxford road service was retained by Bullock.

Part of deal was Bullocks wouldn't register any new commercial services for a set period, but ok to tender for schools services .
I could be wrong but the Hybrids were actually acquired after the Stagecoach takeover.
Like I say the 147 was still being run by the Scania's at the takeover, the hybrids where bought after the takeover like you say mayneway.

On the subject of Bullocks, are they still operating the NHS park and ride shuttles. I used to see one of their East Lancs Scania's at Belle Vue in the mornings but not seen it for a good while.
They run the 147 service between Fairfield Street and the Manchester University Hospitals using the new Volvo B5L's, previously they ran it with Scania Omnicities and Omnidekka's occasionally. They, as far as I know, kept this service when Stagecoach bought the other services and vehicles. I don't even know if they took many vehicles at all, I'm sure Bullocks were left with quite a substantial fleet Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(24/10/2012 22:59)Mayneway Wrote:  On the subject of Bullocks, are they still operating the NHS park and ride shuttles. I used to see one of their East Lancs Scania's at Belle Vue in the mornings but not seen it for a good while.

I did see a Bullocks bus heading down Hyde Road through Ardwick (just before Stagecoach depot) bound for Belle Vue a couple of months ago, so unless there's been a recent change, they're still running them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)