Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
I've never used the scratch away Saveaways wirralbus, I just seemed to recall reading it whilst reading through the Saveaway downloadable PDF.

Luke, whilst I get where the annoyance would come from for you, I don't think it's really fair to class them as a 'jobsworth' when all that they're really doing is enforcing the rules they're TOLD to adhere by. At the end of the day, if a Merseytravel ticketing inspector was on and identified that you shouldn't be, it's the driver who'd get it in the neck for allowing you on. To cover their own backs, I can say that I don't blame these drivers to an extent. However, I just think it's a stupid restriction on behalf of Merseytravel but then that said, I don't think that restriction exists on the train does it?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
You can get the train yeah, why you can get a train but not a bus over the water really is beyond me.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
a bit of topic but i used the 500 a lot when i was a kid and i was never turned away, maybe i just been lucky but never happened to me

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I have never been turned away when going across the water on my own on a child ticket, similarly I have never been turned away on the 500. I know it happens, and I have come close to not getting on sometimes but I guess I have been lucky with the drivers I have had in that they have always waved me on whenever I have been on my own.
I do think it is rather stupid with the 500 though, at the end of the day I don't fancy the alternative of getting another route that goes all around the world to get to the same place. Guess the only alternative is an 86A or 80A from the airport to Speke Boulevard and then an X1.
Is it the complete eve service being withdrawn? And what is the reasoning behind it becoming a stopping route for the first 3 journeys?
(25/08/2012 14:39)mr t Wrote:  From 7th October;
78 - reduced to every 30 minutes

Why don't they just go ahead and withdraw it. The 78 has gone way down in terms of quality over the past few months.

Hopefully Speke will use bigger buses than Cadets which seem to be the norm on the 78 now. My how times have changed!Confused
(26/08/2012 09:29)Phil Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 14:39)mr t Wrote:  From 7th October;
78 - reduced to every 30 minutes

Why don't they just go ahead and withdraw it. The 78 has gone way down in terms of quality over the past few months.

Hopefully Speke will use bigger buses than Cadets which seem to be the norm on the 78 now. My how times have changed!Confused

Half Hourly thats tantamount to Withdrawal they will have toi be double deckers for that otherwise the locals will moan something chronic .
The Cadets have been used on the 78 as the schools and Hope Uni are off.

The 500 all evening journeys after 1930 are withdrawn.

The first 3 journeys are stopping as the 82As are struggling to cope, it is to meet the morning demand for the early morning flight departures.
3313 was on the 86/A today. Also i'm sure i saw a New-Coulored Paladin the Speke depot. Any help here?
Yep, 3 ex Runcorn and St Helens Paladins are there for storage (I believe) prior to conversion to trainer, presumably to keep a bit of space at an already packed St Helens. These are 1042/4/8, with 1047 parked up at Runcorn also earmarked for the training school.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)