Current time: 01/05/2024, 22:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverline - The Last Days
RE: Liverline - The Last Days
I think that's a bit unfair MPTE; we still have the drivers at Jackson Street who regularly go out of their way to walk round the back of the yard around the engineering, body shop and paint facilities to provide updates. It's just unfortunate that these particular vehicles appear to have been 'lost in transit'.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/07/2012 18:14)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I think that's a bit unfair MPTE; we still have the drivers at Jackson Street who regularly go out of their way to walk round the back of the yard around the engineering, body shop and paint facilities to provide updates. It's just unfortunate that these particular vehicles appear to have been 'lost in transit'.

Misunderstood what I mean, I meant the people that used to visit or have information from across the pennines that ceased when they were stopped from entering.
(24/07/2012 18:20)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Misunderstood what I mean, I meant the people that used to visit or have information from across the pennines that ceased when they were stopped from entering.
Fair enough, apologies for the misunderstanding.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Yes as K101HUM says, 4079 has turned up at Laird Street, and keeps moving around the depot. Seems to have been parked all over, the back of the depot, next to and over the pits and even lined up with the other buses ready to go out on a service. However I don't actually think its been out on the road for some reason.
Thought I'd re-ignite this old thread from 2012 as the Liverline depot is back in use and buses are parked-up there.

I'd love to know what happened regarding the expiry of the Arriva lease and the planned selling of land for new housing. Has funding dried-up due to Government cuts?

Will Arriva buy back Liverline as it's a great place to store overspill buses?
Or is this ownership just temporary?
It will be temporary whilst the rail replacement is ongoing, can't see them taking it back into full use.
I took a few photos inside the ex-Liverline (Ribble) garage today after my Rail Replacement duties. There's not much left, but I thought it best to take some shots for posterity before the building disappears for good:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_rowe/...784202683/

Visit my Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_rowe/
(10/02/2014 16:49)KevR Wrote:  I took a few photos inside the ex-Liverline (Ribble) garage today after my Rail Replacement duties. There's not much left, but I thought it best to take some shots for posterity before the building disappears for good:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_rowe/...784202683/

Very sad to see miss going there for pics when this was the Paint & Body centre unfortunately all good things have to end..be very sad when it gets demolished

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)