Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverline - The Last Days
Liverline - The Last Days
Ok, so the paintshop's gone, then the bodyshop went, but the Liverline yard's still got some buses left for disposal.

Here's what I found on a recent trip....

Single-deckers;
877 (Y37 TDA) Mini-Pointer-Dart 8.8M/Plaxton is here.

2107 (R607 MHN) and 2301 (R301 PCW) Dennis DartSLF 10.7M/Plaxton Pointer1s are lined-up (2301 listed as SORN).

2317 (T317 PNB), 2323 (T323 PNB), 7551 (R551 ABA), Interurbanised 7556 (R556 ABA) and 7562 (R562 ABA) Dennis DartSLF 10.7M/Plaxton Pointer2s are all here. Ready for resale? Or scrap maybe??

Double-deckers;
3344 (R234 AEY) Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine1 (Yes, it's STILL here! I bet its probably seized-up by now!).

3327 (R327 WVR) and 3335 (R335 WVR) Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine2s (both listed as SORN).

4030 (S270 JUA) (ex-DLA70), 4031 (S271 JUA) (ex-DLA71), Interurbanised 4065 (T305 FGN) (ex-DLA105) and 4076 (S246 JUA) (ex-DLA46) all DAF DB250RS/Alexander ALX400 deckers all neatly lined-up (4065 noted as having its battery flap open, looking tired. 4076 on SORN).

And SHOCK! HORROR! ArrLONDON MA1 (BX04 MWW) Mercedes 0.530G/Mercedes 'Bendi' HAS GONE! Think it left at the end of May...

Anyway, that's my update, hope this helpsSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Liverline- The Last Days
Fantastic update mathias!
I've been meaning to go down for a nosey myself but time has never allowed. I may try to squeeze it in next week!
It appears 7615 has moved on then, but where to, as I dont remember this being noted previously?
Personally I think any vehicles listed as SORN have a very dim future, but saying that, any vehicles stored here have been here a while bar recent Laird Street Darts that have arrived!
Your point about 3344 is a valid one, most if not all the vehicles at Bootle have seized up a bit are many are unable to move under their own power. There former Merseybus tow truck owned by someone at Bootle was roped in to move some of the vehicles around to allow for building maintenance of some sort. Pictures can be seen here on the owners photostream on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anw509/7289...hotostream
With regards to MA1, someone posted a picture of it on the old forum of it in Speke, seemingly being stripped for spares! A sad end for a bus thats clung on to life for so long eh!
RE: Liverline- The Last Days
Haven't seen 7615 recently, but I suppose it could be hiding in there somewhere...Wink

Got talking to a driver- he reckons the WVR Palatines will go for scrap, there's no future for them (being step-entrance) and the rocketing price of scrap metal means they're worth more in weight than for resale.

Thanks for the photo-link by the way Smile
RE: Liverline - The Last Days
Not sure why Winsfords 877 is there, Was in service 2 days ago!
(21/06/2012 17:27)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  Not sure why Winsfords 877 is there, Was in service 2 days ago!

Must be 879 that was last at Bolton a good few months ago
(21/06/2012 14:02)mathias Wrote:  3344 (R234 AEY) Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine1 (Yes, it's STILL here! I bet its probably seized-up by now!)
Im sure being a trusty Volvo Olympian, it will start with the cold start button! Wink

(21/06/2012 14:02)mathias Wrote:  ArrLONDON MA1 (BX04 MWW) Mercedes 0.530G/Mercedes 'Bendi' HAS GONE!

There is one of these in London Red parked over the pits at Speke having parts taken from it, not sure which one though, I dont keep up with Spekes fleet as its not a depot that interests me, perhaps thats MA1, unless somebody else knows!

I am no longer active on this forum.
yup its MA1 Luke. Shame with it being the first bendy but then again would you preserve it as if something goes wrong they aint cheap to fix.
A driver i know said one had a fault with the bendy bit and it cost £24,000 to get fixed!!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I believe the yard has to be cleared for September so whatever their fates, the remaining vehicles should start to be moved over the coming weeks.
Recovery NW's big, beautiful Merc Actros 4145 wrecker was seen in the yard yesterday.
That's this..(lest you forget).....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anw509/6389931301/
(Photo Credit; anw509)

It was dragging-out an Interurban Dart, but I couldn't get close enough for a positive ID... 7556 Perhaps??

Other news, the ex-MTL Millennium Fleet Palatines, 3327 (R327 WVR) and 3335 (R335 WVR) seem to have disappeared last Wednesday (27/6).
Question is; WHERE TO?? Hmmm.....
3335 is at the rear of st helens depot,looks like its been dragged in by a tow wagon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)