Current time: 01/05/2024, 16:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Finglands
RE: Finglands
Does anyone have a link to the article?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/01/2014 21:20)DVL418 Wrote:  A bit rich of Shipp to blame UK North for Fnglands lack of profit.

UK North imploded no less than EIGHT years ago, so what has Shipp been playing at since?
The insinuation is that UK North were to blame for the ridiculously low priced weekly tickets, which they were. Then again, they hardly had the financial burden of running legally.

£2 or whatever it was for a week's travel even eight years ago is nowhere near sustainable, but the likes of Finglands had to follow. Of course, when UK North were gone, for the second time, you can't then jack the prices straight up to £12 or whatever without a big PR problem.
wish an operator like arriva could take over finglands
(01/01/2014 15:35)robertclark125 Wrote:  Just a thought. Peter Shipp said, accorsding to a post on here, that they may close Finglands down if the deal is blocked. Surely if that happens, it could lead to Stagecoach providing replacement routes, and thus you have tie situation the OFT and CC would wish to avoid, an operator with a hugely dominant position?

Indeed, I agree that if the OFT block First taking over Finglands, then Stagecoach could introduce extra buses on routes 41 and 42, and Arriva more buses on route 19, to discourage new entrants.

I'm sure route 99 used to be an Arriva route.
(11/01/2014 23:02)Metroline1511 Wrote:  [quote='robertclark125' pid='49850' dateline='1388590521']
I'm sure route 99 used to be an Arriva route.

Correct,i think Finglands Tookover during 2012
Quick response, thanks Eclipse! I was pretty sure I'd travelled an Arriva Cadet on route 99 from Piccadilly to Southern Cemetery a few years ago.
(11/01/2014 23:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Quick response, thanks Eclipse! I was pretty sure I'd travelled an Arriva Cadet on route 99 from Piccadilly to Southern Cemetery a few years ago.

I hope Arriva do not operate route 99 again, I remember when they did, several journeys were missed between Sale Moor & Sale via Dane Road especially the final journey of the day when the vehicle waited on Old Hall Road until it was time for its return to Manchester.
As far as route 19 is concerned Finglands no longer operate during the day (evening tendered journeys only). The last day of day time running was 4th. January although according to GMPTE timetable dated 2nd January these journeys had already ceased.
This means six less buses required for service work. Not seen the Olympians this year - have they gone to East Yorkshire?
As far as I know but could be wrong I think 99 is tendered which is why Finglands are running it at the moment and yes Arriva have run it in the past as it was one of the routes they took on when they took over Bluebus of Bolton
I doubt anyone else could take over Finglands if the OFT block its sale to First. Any other potentially interested purchaser would have to await OFT clearance (such as Arriva or MCT, or even RATP - I don't include SouterBus for obvious reasons) and EYMS will be unable to afford to keep it running in the meantime.
I doubt mct would buy these out tbh, after failing with maytree, plus not sure they're interested in commercial routes atm, they may well take over the tenders if they die though

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)