Current time: 03/05/2024, 17:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

None DDA Buses still in Service?
RE: None DDA Buses still in Service?
(05/01/2016 11:36)RedPanda Wrote:  My mistake I thought Wrexham's Sapphire boards where all white, not a white front and orange back and sides

Wrexham's Sapphire specification buses have orange destination displays front, side and rear
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/01/2016 11:49)T42 PVM Wrote:  Correct, Just single Deckers should be DDA now

Or coaches. So operators could have replaced non-DDA single deck buses with non-DDA deckers or coaches for now.
Stagecoach wigan still using the ae51××× in service with the manual fouls up ramp that's located in the luggage rack
The fold out ramps are compliant, quite a lot of Stagecoach Darts, pre 2004 have such ramps and are still okay to use!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
One of GHA's ALX 300 is running around with no side destination

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(05/01/2016 08:52)T42 PVM Wrote:  Red Kites Schools are contracted by Merseytravel so they still need to be DDA

It actually depends with the merseytravel contracts, some are stopping services where they should be a DDA vehicle. However some tend to go 'unadvertised' to the public, and are not listed on timetables or publicly (usually at the discretion of the school for pupil safety) and therefore could be argued that therefore it is not a passenger service and is actually a daily private hire contract and not require a DDA bus. For example the Woolton St Julies RC High - Childwall 666 service is not publicly timetabled.

It also depends if vehicles have been classified as a "coach" by the DDA definition also as these aren't required to be fully DDA until 2020.
(05/01/2016 22:33)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It actually depends with the merseytravel contracts, some are stopping services where they should be a DDA vehicle. However some tend to go 'unadvertised' to the public, and are not listed on timetables or publicly (usually at the discretion of the school for pupil safety) and therefore could be argued that therefore it is not a passenger service and is actually a daily private hire contract and not require a DDA bus. For example the Woolton St Julies RC High - Childwall 666 service is not publicly timetabled.

It also depends if vehicles have been classified as a "coach" by the DDA definition also as these aren't required to be fully DDA until 2020.

It's all very complicated.

As I understand it if a school service is registered with VOSA/TC then whether it's carrying pensioners or school kids it has to be a DDA complient vehicle if a single decker is used.
The way round it is to not run as a registered service but as a 'private hire' operating directly on behalf of the school. I believe this is what a small company local to me is doing (smiths of Marple), the vehicles used on Glossop schools today and yesterday were single deckers but were certainly not DDA complient lol.

I remember a few years ago talking to a former Hulme hall driver (now drives for Elite coaches), who told me that this was thier method for getting around the DDA regulations. They simply de-registered all thier commercial school services and asked the schools to collect fares and sell tickets on thier behalf and it would mean they could use pretty much whatever they wanted regardless of DDA specification. Obviously they got took over several months later.
(05/01/2016 22:33)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It actually depends with the merseytravel contracts, some are stopping services where they should be a DDA vehicle. However some tend to go 'unadvertised' to the public, and are not listed on timetables or publicly (usually at the discretion of the school for pupil safety) and therefore could be argued that therefore it is not a passenger service and is actually a daily private hire contract and not require a DDA bus. For example the Woolton St Julies RC High - Childwall 666 service is not publicly timetabled.

All Merseytravel school contracts are allowed to be boarded by any member of pubilc as this is for pass reimburstment and BSOG reasons, so they all covered by DDA (single deckers 2016, double deckers 2017) and should already be displaying proper destination equipment on the front of vehicle as it's a contract requirement anyway.
(05/01/2016 23:44)Mayneway Wrote:  It's all very complicated.

As I understand it if a school service is registered with VOSA/TC then whether it's carrying pensioners or school kids it has to be a DDA complient vehicle if a single decker is used.
The way round it is to not run as a registered service but as a 'private hire' operating directly on behalf of the school. I believe this is what a small company local to me is doing (smiths of Marple), the vehicles used on Glossop schools today and yesterday were single deckers but were certainly not DDA complient lol.

I remember a few years ago talking to a former Hulme hall driver (now drives for Elite coaches), who told me that this was thier method for getting around the DDA regulations. They simply de-registered all thier commercial school services and asked the schools to collect fares and sell tickets on thier behalf and it would mean they could use pretty much whatever they wanted regardless of DDA specification. Obviously they got took over several months later.

I think smiths single deckers are registered as coaches (assuming your referring to the alexander q types)
(06/01/2016 12:46)djb Wrote:  I think smiths single deckers are registered as coaches (assuming your referring to the alexander q types)

Partly yes but as they have coach seating I did think they have probably registered them as coaches.

They use 3 ALX Darts on Glossop schools. All 3 are R reg and have no working blinds on the side or rear and very often don't even use the front ones.

I'm fairly sure Stagecoach sold them as they wernt DDA complient so I carnt see that smiths have paid to convert them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)