Current time: 04/05/2024, 01:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

None DDA Buses still in Service?
None DDA Buses still in Service?
It seems some operators are still using Single Deckers that dont meet the DDA Regulations as theres at least 2 Arriva St Helens B10BLEs running around with no working side and rear dests and i spotted one of Red Kites Excels driving around with its Roller Blinds removed and the light for it still switched on, Anyone else spotted any others?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: None DDA Buses still in Service?
HTL Solo noted displaying DINGLE on route 30/A this evening. Not sure if all are programmed the same? All destinations should be first letter uppercase and the rest lowercase e.g. Dingle. Also HTL darts still running round with boards in the front windscreen that are barely visible until its too late. There was a Stagecoach MAN Enviro300 today with no rear number working, just 1 dot lit up in the top corner.

It would also be interesting to know if there are still some older buses knocking about with no braille on the bell buttons.

Lastly, does anyone know what the score is on the colour of the LED desties? I thought they had to be orange but i know Arrivas Sapphires have some White and HTL have the odd one in green.
Find all posts by this user
AFAIK the colour just has to be contrasting so the white ones on the Sapphire Pulsars at Arriva should be okay, as should the front green ones on HTL's SN06BMO.

I noted Arriva Myllennium Y733KNF's rear screen was just showing a dot in one corner tonight too.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Are buses that only do private work and school buses affected by the DDA changes? As RedKite don't actually do any proper work for any of the local PTE's, I wonder are they exempt.

There are some B10s I'm sure of it at St. Helens that have one braille bell in the disabled bay. The rest of the bells don't have braille. 54 reg cadets have some bells in braille as well.

Bolton's Sapphire buses have a white LED front and orange side and back.
(05/01/2016 08:24)RedPanda Wrote:  Are buses that only do private work and school buses affected by the DDA changes? As RedKite don't actually do any proper work for any of the local PTE's, I wonder are they exempt.

There are some B10s I'm sure of it at St. Helens that have one braille bell in the disabled bay. The rest of the bells don't have braille. 54 reg cadets have some bells in braille as well.

All busses that are Saphire have white at front and orange for the rest..the orange big blind that used to be at the front is placed at the rear so has a full size rear blind instead of just small one showing number.
(05/01/2016 08:24)RedPanda Wrote:  Are buses that only do private work and school buses affected by the DDA changes? As RedKite don't actually do any proper work for any of the local PTE's, I wonder are they exempt.

Red Kites Schools are contracted by Merseytravel so they still need to be DDA

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(05/01/2016 08:46)chris-s Wrote:  All busses that are Saphire have white at front and orange for the rest..the orange big blind that used to be at the front is placed at the rear so has a full size rear blind instead of just small one showing number.

My mistake I thought Wrexham's Sapphire boards where all white, not a white front and orange back and sides
(05/01/2016 01:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  It seems some operators are still using Single Deckers that dont meet the DDA Regulations as theres at least 2 Arriva St Helens B10BLEs running around with no working side and rear dests and i spotted one of Red Kites Excels driving around with its Roller Blinds removed and the light for it still switched on, Anyone else spotted any others?

stgecoach mcr had 17647 out yesterday on 168/9 that had no side desti at all its been painted over so wonder if theres an exception with destinations as not read up on the req for the dda ruling
(05/01/2016 11:38)james Wrote:  stgecoach mcr had 17647 out yesterday on 168/9 that had no side desti at all its been painted over so wonder if theres an exception with destinations as not read up on the req for the dda ruling
Double deckers are exempt till next year aint they.
(05/01/2016 11:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Double deckers are exempt till next year aint they.

Correct, Just single Deckers should be DDA now

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)