Current time: 04/05/2024, 02:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pet Hates
RE: Pet Hates
(13/06/2012 17:50)wirralbus Wrote:  
(13/06/2012 17:44)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  A pet hate of mine is when vehicles fill one lane at a junction despite there being another lane which can be used and is left empty. This causes needless congestion.

There is a farcial situation at Great Sutton where one lane on the A41 feeds into two at the lights with Sutton Way and then immediately goes back into one lane on the other side of the junction , my pet hate is road planners not doing things correctly in the first place .

Same thing on Hoylake Road in Bidston heading to Birkenhead where 2 lanes filter into one lane after the lights after Tesco Roundabout, but because of the parked cars after the lights you have to go into the 2nd lane.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One of my pet hates has to be bus drivers moneing at you for taking a photo of a bus just because they dont like haveing his photo taken Angry
With camera phone technology now so prevalent some people are making spurious complaints about drivers that are unfounded even with the picture being taken , therefore some drivers have taken on themselves to make sure they aint photographed .

A lot of photographers accept this and try if possible to go for the offside were a picture of the bus at 45 degree angle usually means the driver isnt visible .
Another one of my pet hates is when your takeing a photo of a bus and the LED goes off and on and recks your photo!
Big one of mine is being raged at for daring to have a different view....
(20/06/2012 17:40)Ultralow Wrote:  Another one of my pet hates is when your takeing a photo of a bus and the LED goes off and on and recks your photo!

That's to do with the flickering on the LED display, unfortunately the LEDS are made & programmed for the benefit of passengers rather than cameras for pics.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(20/06/2012 17:53)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(20/06/2012 17:40)Ultralow Wrote:  Another one of my pet hates is when your takeing a photo of a bus and the LED goes off and on and recks your photo!

That's to do with the flickering on the LED display, unfortunately the LEDS are made & programmed for the benefit of passengers rather than cameras for pics.

very true Smile
Setting a high shutter speed should solve that problem with the LEDs. I have little to no problems with my camera when I set a high shutter speed but being unable to control the shutter speed on my iPhone, I inevitably end up with the above issue when taking photos on it.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
A high speed shutter can make it worse sometimes though as if the refresh rate of the screen you are photographing is slower than the shutter speed, you can end up with a photo in the 'gap' between each refresh of the screen.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I'm yet to encounter that Steve - instead I tend to get that problem with a slower shutter speed! I suppose it's just getting the right speed and then you're away though!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)