Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pet Hates
Pet Hates
Post your pet hates into this thread!

To start off with, some of my pet hates are below:
- Bias people
- Big-headed people
- Bullies
- Liars
- Strange people
- YouTube advertisements

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Pet Hates
My pet hates:

- Being kept waiting for an appointment
- Liars
- Rude people
- Slow computers
- Stupid adverts
- Timewasters
Find all posts by this user
People who quiet clearly have a number of sly digs at you...Pretty pathetic to be honest.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
....people who make lists Smile
People that make things up and say that they were somewhere they were'nt or say that they seen something they didnt.
(08/06/2012 08:30)MPTE1955 Wrote:  People that make things up and say that they were somewhere they were'nt or say that they seen something they didnt.
....And last week I was in Narnia! The weather was a bit crap but what can you do? I saw one of those new Borismasters on the 10s as well last week!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(08/06/2012 10:09)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(08/06/2012 08:30)MPTE1955 Wrote:  People that make things up and say that they were somewhere they were'nt or say that they seen something they didnt.
....And last week I was in Narnia! The weather was a bit crap but what can you do? I saw one of those new Borismasters on the 10s as well last week!

ha ha ha :P
One of my main pet hates has to be workers going on strike for silly reasons.
http://news.uk.msn.com/bus-workers-vote-...mes-strike
"The union is seeking a payment of £500 for each of the 20,000 bus workers it represents in London, pointing out that other transport employees are being paid a premium for being on duty during the event."
"The union said bus workers were the only London transport employees not receiving an award for their extra effort during the Olympic Games."
Bus drivers are employed by the bus operators, not London Transport. LT aren't paying the operators any extra for operating the buses over the games so why should the drivers be paid extra?
If any bus drivers in the country should be paid extra, it should be other areas of the UK forced to bring buses out of storage that have not been used for up to 2 years, in a poor state, leaving old step entrance buses operating on Hospital services for a few months while newer buses have been transferred elsewhere, for buses to go to London. Some places will have broken down buses and delays left right and centre, while our better buses have been shipped off elsewhere to have London's transport systems running smoothly to show off to the world, at the expense of UK residents (many of which do not know yet that low floor buses are being taken off us with old step entrances coming out in their place, so Mr Jones in his wheelchair will be greatly inconvenienced by the every 30 minute hospital service having step entrance allocations, he won't be getting paid to get private wheelchair accessible transport to get to the appointment he made 3 months ago).

Other pet hates:
-passengers swearing at a driver for going without them, even though the bus had left the stand and is queuing to leave the bus station.
-passengers trying to use expired passes, or saver tickets outside of their validity zone, and use the excuse "well the driver yesterday accepted it".
-passengers wanting to pay their £1.35 fare with a £20 note.
-elderly passengers complaining about a step entrance double decker on a non-low-floor route, then going to sit on the upper deck!
-people asking what time the next bus is, while stood next to the timetable board.
-people parking their car in the middle of 2 parking spaces.
-car drivers driving at 40mph through a national speed limit zone (60mph), then continue to do 40mph through a 30mph residential zone.
-Northern Rail running as and when they feel like it, not always to the timetable.
-supermarkets with 16 checkouts only having 4 of them in use (*cough*Morrisons*cough*)
-self-service checkouts in Morrisons giving an obvious instruction directly after another.
-drivers not indicating on a give-way roundabout, then those drivers getting angry when they are cut up because of said failure to indicate.
-Royal Mail shoving a red card through the letter box for a missed parcel, when they didn't knock or ring the bell.
-"men" pushing past you thinking they are something, because they look like an oompa loompa, with their long hair sprayed up, a stripey vest top and canvas shoes that fall apart when they get wet.
- When, for example, the 52 turns up in Bootle and somebody gets on and asks if the bus goes to Queen Square, despite the destination displaying "Queen Square | 52"...
- When somebody presses the bell and actually attempts to wait until the bus stops until getting up, until the driver slows down, looks in his mirror and carries on... The driver should stop, put the handbrake on, open the doors and then wait for people to get off. I understand that sometimes drivers don't do this when they're late, however that's what they're supposed to do. WHY DO ARRIVA PUBLICISE THESE THINGS IF THEIR DRIVERS DON'T GO BY THEM?!
- People who put a pram in the wheelchair/pram bay of a bus which hasn't got a child in it or they take their child out of it when they've took up the space!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/06/2012 12:47)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  Other pet hates:
-passengers swearing at a driver for going without them, even though the bus had left the stand and is queuing to leave the bus station.
-passengers trying to use expired passes, or saver tickets outside of their validity zone, and use the excuse "well the driver yesterday accepted it".
-passengers wanting to pay their £1.35 fare with a £20 note.
-elderly passengers complaining about a step entrance double decker on a non-low-floor route, then going to sit on the upper deck!
-people asking what time the next bus is, while stood next to the timetable board.
-people parking their car in the middle of 2 parking spaces.
-car drivers driving at 40mph through a national speed limit zone (60mph), then continue to do 40mph through a 30mph residential zone.
-Northern Rail running as and when they feel like it, not always to the timetable.
-supermarkets with 16 checkouts only having 4 of them in use (*cough*Morrisons*cough*)
-self-service checkouts in Morrisons giving an obvious instruction directly after another.
-drivers not indicating on a give-way roundabout, then those drivers getting angry when they are cut up because of said failure to indicate.
-Royal Mail shoving a red card through the letter box for a missed parcel, when they didn't knock or ring the bell.
-"men" pushing past you thinking they are something, because they look like an oompa loompa, with their long hair sprayed up, a stripey vest top and canvas shoes that fall apart when they get wet.
I agree with all of these cumbria0902150

''supermarkets with 16 checkouts only having 4 of them in use (*cough*Morrisons*cough*)'' Asda is another supermarket that does this, however Tesco seems to be better.

''car drivers driving at 40mph through a national speed limit zone (60mph), then continue to do 40mph through a 30mph residential zone.''
I had one of these people today in Barnston, he/she was doing around 35 - 40 in the 60mph zone, as soon as we got to the 30mph he/she was still doing 35 - 40.

Another driver one that I hate is when cars pull out in front of you, (especially from roadside parking bays) make you brake and then do about 20mph down the road, getting themselves sorted and then finally speed up about 2 miles later!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)