Current time: 04/05/2024, 03:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pet Hates
RE: Pet Hates
bus spotting going to far places like crewe was what i did

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Without a job, money would be the issue there!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
ahh right, maybe spend an hour on your local route to take photos of the daily allocation

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/06/2012 15:40)MTL0201 Wrote:  People who call Rangers & Celtic, Glasgow Rangers & Glasgow Celtic, there not called Glasgow Rangers or Glasgow Celtic there called Rangers FC & Celtic FC.

I don't mind that, as in the case of Rangers especially, it avoids confusion: there is more than one club called 'Rangers'. By the same token, Sporting Lisbon, Inter Milan and Athletic Bilbao should be known as Sporting, Internazionale and Athletic Club respectively.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(28/06/2012 00:10)507009 Wrote:  
(26/06/2012 15:40)MTL0201 Wrote:  People who call Rangers & Celtic, Glasgow Rangers & Glasgow Celtic, there not called Glasgow Rangers or Glasgow Celtic there called Rangers FC & Celtic FC.

I don't mind that, as in the case of Rangers especially, it avoids confusion: there is more than one club called 'Rangers'. By the same token, Sporting Lisbon, Inter Milan and Athletic Bilbao should be known as Sporting, Internazionale and Athletic Club respectively.

Perhaps they will take the field as FC Rangers of Glasgow (2012) FC in the Scottish Third Division in August? Smile

Also as several clubs with 'Rangers' and 'Celtic' in their names UEFA have usuallt added the 'Glasgow' to avoid any chance of confusion.
Last night i was waiting at aintree station for the 7pm cumfybus 121 to long lane i had already been wating nearly half an hour for it and the bus ended up depating ten mins late as the driver went to the loo when he arrived but while i was wating for it an old man arrived and when the bus arrived at the stop the old man complained when i got on before him he said to me you could have let me on first lad as im old in an agressive tone of voice but i thought why should i as there is such a thing as a bus queue and people were there before him two things i cant stand impatience and arrogance.
That is so depressing that the old think they should take preference over everybody else ., no matter what.
The small proportion of enthusiasts that are dismissive about any bus or coach built after a certain date and/or operators outside their area of interest sadden me.

For example; I was stood behind three 'older' enthusiasts at a rally recently and they spent 15 minutes rubbishing every bus and coach built since about 1972 (the Leyland National and Bristol VRT came in for some real flak) that passed in front of them, as did the NBC and PTE's for standardising their fleets and liveries during the 1970's and 80's). Also, that digital cameras had made the hobby 'too easy' these days, compared to their day! Angry

London enthusiasts can also be rather dismissive of bus and coach operation 'out in the sticks' .
I cant stand motorists who pay no attention to road signs/rules of the road. Mackets lane in halewood has been shut since last week for resurfacing works with access maintained for residents with a well signposted diversion route in operation for through traffic but last week motorists were getting out of cars and moving cones out of their way and one even came up behind me as i was walking and drove along the pavement to get round the cones even though there were big signs erected saying road closed it seems some people cant read.
(08/04/2013 06:39)MX12CFE Wrote:  I cant stand motorists who pay no attention to road signs/rules of the road. Mackets lane in halewood has been shut since last week for resurfacing works with access maintained for residents with a well signposted diversion route in operation for through traffic but last week motorists were getting out of cars and moving cones out of their way and one even came up behind me as i was walking and drove along the pavement to get round the cones even though there were big signs erected saying road closed it seems some people cant read.

Well if they are trying to continue along the road and out the other end they only have themselves to blame if they then damage there vehicles on upraised manhole covers and grids ,some of these can be quite sharp edged .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)