Current time: 16/06/2024, 04:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dreamliners
RE: Dreamliners
Anyone know if BA has taken delivery of any yet? Two were due last week, but I haven't seen anything in the news. BA has announced that the initial routes will be Toronto and Newark commencing 21 October.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Dreamliner on fire at LHR. No-one on board at the time. Surely not the battery?
Not a good day one of Thomson's en route to Florida, had to return to Manchester with technical issues
The NTSB is sending a representative to London , seems Boeing may not have sorted out problem after all.
I really hope it's not the battery - otherwise no-one in their right mind would board one. One way or another though they do have a propensity to catch fire all by themselves.
The price of Boeing Shares on NYSE dropped on the news of the Ethiopian Airlines Heathrow fire .

This Ethiopian Airlines plane The Queen of Sheba was the first plane to fly after the previous grounding of the Dreamliner.
Sky are reporting it may be air conditioning - not sure if that makes it better or worse. - for now though I won't be booking any flights that are scheduled for 787s.
The new batteries are not implicated in this recent incident with a Boeing 787 Dreamliner of Ethiopian Airlines going on fire.

Which will help calm the nerves at Boeing , but they will still want to know what caused the latest incident though.

They wont want too many more incidents now that the A350 is rearing its head over the horizon.
I am booked on a BA 787 to Newark in December and im not worried. They are great planes to fly on.
Thomson Airways (Ex FCA) B763 G-PJLO has now left the fleet as B788 Dreamliner G-TUID has now entered the fleet although the intention was to retire LA + LO firstly earlier in the year. G-PJLO had been put into storage in july with G-TUID entering service recently on the 16.8.13. G-OOAN + G-PJLO are to be converted to freighter aircraft. All Ex FCA aircraft (G-DBLA, G-OOBK, G-OOBL + G-OOBM) will probably face the same future as AN + LO.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)