Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dreamliners
Dreamliners
I saw my first B787 today - LOT SP-LRA at Warsaw. Not quite sure what to make of it. I guess it's all about the technology, but it just looks a bit like a slightly out of shape 767. However it was getting a reasonable amount of attention from passengers in the airport. I think so far this is the only one delivered to LOT.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Dreamliners
Seems like there are some "teething" issues with the 787. There were a couple of incidents before xmas and three more this week including a fuel leak and battery fire on separate aircraft.
All new airplane seem to have these teething difficulties , didnt the A380 have problems to start with , then a major problem with cracks in there wings , it seems the B787 is going down something similar.
the problem here is that Boeing to date have been unable to identify root cause so can't disprove linkage of the problems. You're absolutely right - these sort of issues are not uncommon with new aicraft designs. Personally though I'm in no rush to try one out. Particularly fortunate the fire occurred shortly after landing - not in the air!
ANA have grounded there entire fleet of dreamliners which amounts to 17 examples due to a battery malfunction , which happened in flight .

I now wonder whether this will get the FAA of America to re look at the problems with the Boeing 787 , this is fast becoming a major problem for Boeing , every further incident is pushing airlines towards Airbus.
(16/01/2013 02:26)wirralbus Wrote:  ANA have grounded there entire fleet of dreamliners which amounts to 17 examples due to a battery malfunction , which happened in flight .

I now wonder whether this will get the FAA of America to re look at the problems with the Boeing 787 , this is fast becoming a major problem for Boeing , every further incident is pushing airlines towards Airbus.

Both major Japanese airlines have now grounded their 787 fleets. This latest battery problem led to a full scale emergency landing.

I have a longhaul on Friday - it's a 747 - glad it's not a Dreamliner!
At the moment you could call a dreamliner a nightmareliner
(16/01/2013 14:27)wirralbus Wrote:  At the moment you could call a dreamliner a nightmareliner

Too damn right - as either a passenger or a Boeing shareholder. Undecided
this urgently needs sorting, the keenliner, its keen to cause a problem.

how though
Boeing need to get a grip before the FAA ground all the Boeing 787's , effectively when that happens im sure the airline companies will bail out of existing and new orders .

Boeing will be keeping there fingers tightly crossed no more planes develop faults that require Emergency landings .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)