Current time: 16/06/2024, 03:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review
17B wasn't used to indicate that the service terminates at Green Oaks as that only changed in the past 18 months, before that it went to Vicarage Road like the others, the only difference being that the 17B goes down Derby Road in Widnes and not Lockett Road.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ok as most of you have said about the 17/17B I can understand that but at my end speaking as a passenger it's confusing.
121/122 why not have just one number?
Vista Road I think the times was changed from every 10 minutes to every 20 just as I started my interest in buses.

Some routes though as I mentioned like 137/138 are very confusing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
the 121/122 have different numbers as they go different ways..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(30/06/2016 12:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  the 121/122 have different numbers as they go different ways..

Have one number 121 for example and if it's going one way have an 'A', going another way a 'B' and so on with C and D
Doing that would be pointless as not just do they go different ways they finish at a different place, I also dont understand why your going on about this when the service is getting chopped anyway

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(30/06/2016 15:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  Doing that would be pointless as not just do they go different ways they finish at a different place, I also dont understand why your going on about this when the service is getting chopped anyway

Oh one I forgot about lol but I haven't had a proper look at the tables yet and going into detail
(29/06/2016 19:49)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The 20 has been stripped back drastically over the years. It was at one point every 10 minutes (every 20 to Earlestown, every 20 turning short at Vista Road), now it's down to every 20 minutes, the present proposals put it down to every 30 minutes. I'm wondering if Arriva aren't happy with this after a few months, could it be the end and Vista Road joins Liverpool Road (Pewfall) and Burrows Lane (Eccleston) in being unserved. It does seem to be the usual way of death by a thousand cuts. Course I hope this doesn't happen but unfortunately I've seen this happen so many times elsewhere.

Vista Road would still have the 603 if the 20 did get withdrawn in the future. Can't see it though.
(29/06/2016 21:51)MTL0201 Wrote:  The 121/122 were the tendered routes of 22/22A & no they're not silly routes either, certainly no equivalent routes in the Eccleston area at the times they operate.

The 22 has run in some form or other since the 1950's, Arriva withdrew the daytime 22 in 2006 with their major network change in St Helens. The 121/122 were the Evening & Sunday subsidised variant and have hung on for a further 10 Years, so it's withdrawal in September will be the end of an Era. Under these proposals Gaskell Street will be unserved (presently hourly daytime and amazingly 3 buses per hour Evenings & Sundays) and Dunriding Lane will only served in the daytime by the 139 between 0900 & 1500.

Another end of an Era route will be the withdrawal of the 196. Introduced in 1988. this was the first service operated by Nip On Transport (now known as Hattons), the service initially ran all day, every day (only difference was in the daytime the service ran via Peasley Cross Lane, evenings/Sundays via Gaskell Street).
Just looking at the maps it shows the 28 going to, I presume, Lea Green rather than St Helens Junction. Is this just a mistake on the map as no change is listed for the 28.
(30/06/2016 16:57)jcksmnr Wrote:  Just looking at the maps it shows the 28 going to, I presume, Lea Green rather than St Helens Junction. Is this just a mistake on the map as no change is listed for the 28.

I presume this a mistake.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)