Current time: 16/06/2024, 08:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel - Sefton Bus Review
RE: Merseytravel - Sefton Bus Review
There are hardly any subsidised routes in north Sefton bar schools and de minimis services. The axe has already beaten them there over the last 10 yrs or so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/11/2016 23:18)B10B6514 Wrote:  There are hardly any subsidised routes in north Sefton bar schools and de minimis services. The axe has already beaten them there over the last 10 yrs or so.

I agree. This all does seem rather odd. There arent that many subsidised stvices in Sefton.
(06/11/2016 14:24)roymcneil Wrote:  I agree. This all does seem rather odd. There arent that many subsidised stvices in Sefton.

In Maghull there are 5 Merseytravel subsidised services. 231-234 and 236.
Here in Maghull, the 231 - 234 and 236 are Merseytravel services.
The changes will be announced on the 16th January

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...eview.aspx

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
South Sefton Bus Review
Some interesting proposals here. Evening and Sunday services for 159 and 58 got my attention.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...0final.pdf
RE: South Sefton Bus Review
I wonder how many of these newly introduced Evening & Sunday services are supported - will be interesting to see the final details. There were a few new Evening/Sunday services in the St Helens review but nearly all of them (apart from the Sunday daytime 30) were subsidised.
(16/01/2017 10:58)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder how many of these newly introduced Evening & Sunday services are supported - will be interesting to see the final details. There were a few new Evening/Sunday services in the St Helens review but nearly all of them (apart from the Sunday daytime 30) were subsidised.

Another question to be asked is how many of these additional evening/Sunday services will be run by the current daytime operator? Arriva, the major operator in this area, currently run the 58, 300 and 310 and if these services are not run by Arriva, this could inconvenience people who currently buy Arriva weekly/monthly tickets. This situation already exists with the 56 which is operated by Arriva M-Sat daytime but HTL evenings/Sundays.
(16/01/2017 17:12)Barney Wrote:  Another question to be asked is how many of these additional evening/Sunday services will be run by the current daytime operator? Arriva, the major operator in this area, currently run the 58, 300 and 310 and if these services are not run by Arriva, this could inconvenience people who currently buy Arriva weekly/monthly tickets. This situation already exists with the 56 which is operated by Arriva M-Sat daytime but HTL evenings/Sundays.

Which is exactly the same in st helens with the review there as :
Arriva operate the 30 , 33 , 38 on a daytime while htl operate the evenings and 38A all day sunday.
Hattons operate the 60 , 140 , 141 on a daytime while htl operate the evenings and sundays.
I personally think it suits merseytravel as its cheaper costs and more chance of reclaiming more revenue back as larger operators day and weekly tickets are not valid where as if one of the larger companies run them its higher costs and less revenue due to there day and weeklys being used.
Farewell the 103. This must be one of the longest standing Merseytravel services which has been unaltered since its inception at deregulation.
Still no late evening services Thornton Liverpool
Route 54 does not appear on the map and 56 will now run via Vauxhall Road. Is the 54 going, but not mentioned as its commercial.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)