Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem1 - 16/12/2016 11:01

Im guessing thats going to push up cumfy buses insurance premiums next year.

RE: Cumfybus - darthblakey - 16/12/2016 20:53

(16/12/2016 08:51)RedPanda Wrote:  Going off topic here but do buses get the same treatment as cars and vans do with category write offs? I'm sure cat D and lower is exterior damage and cat C is chassis damage. Cat A & B are not to be used on the road.

If so, that would mean YD63 VBT was a cat B as the rear was salvageable.

The chasis is the what whole bus is built upon, so to replace the chasis you would have to strip the whole bus away.

So like what happened with P7HTL at HTL, the buses are withdrawn to become donors for spares and then end as tin cans etc...

RE: Cumfybus - AlexBus12 - 18/12/2016 17:42

How many solo SR's do bolton have?

RE: Cumfybus - M60lad - 19/12/2016 06:56

If by Optare Solo SR's you mean ones in Cumfybus yellow then I'm sure there's only the one with the rest of the SR's being in TfGM Hybrid livery.

RE: Cumfybus - Pocket Dart - 19/12/2016 16:52

(18/12/2016 17:42)Alexw12 Wrote:  How many solo SR's do bolton have?
Two, YJ11 ELU which is owned by TfGM and YD63 VAX which is owned by Cumfybus. They are both hybrids.

RE: Cumfybus - MX12CFE - 20/12/2016 07:28

(19/12/2016 16:52)Pocket Dart Wrote:  Two, YJ11 ELU which is owned by TfGM and YD63 VAX which is owned by Cumfybus. They are both hybrids.

I saw YD63VAX in Maghull a few months back it was only in use as a driver shuttle vehicle for the Maghull circulars as it had no ticket machine so presume it must have been at Aintree for work to be done on it as it disappeared so must have gone back to Bolton.

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 23/12/2016 20:37

I have been trying to keep a Cumfybus Fleetlist up to date for some time however With little *inside information* making it onto Forums its hard to make sure its right, I have 41 Buses in the list as SORN, Some of witch have been Withdrawn since 2012. It does surprise me how many *newer* Buses are Withdrawn yet X176 NWR remain in Service.

On their Licence on VOSA the old Bootle and Southport Depots are still listed, Are these locations used to store withdrawn stock? Another note it says there are only 13 Buses meant to be at Bolton however the number is more like 19.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/view-details/licence/251239/

On a side note there are still 3 Trident active (2 at Southport and 1 at Aintree?). Will these be getting replaced as they are not DDA compliant.

RE: Cumfybus - Quackdave - 24/12/2016 14:44

(23/12/2016 20:37)T42 PVM Wrote:  I have been trying to keep a Cumfybus Fleetlist up to date for some time however With little *inside information* making it onto Forums its hard to make sure its right, I have 41 Buses in the list as SORN, Some of witch have been Withdrawn since 2012. It does surprise me how many *newer* Buses are Withdrawn yet X176 NWR remain in Service.

On their Licence on VOSA the old Bootle and Southport Depots are still listed, Are these locations used to store withdrawn stock?

X176 NWR was refurbished a few years ago, which may help account for its longevity.

The "around the back of Botanic Road" Southport yard is tiny, you'd struggle to fit more than about three or four minibuses in it. I haven't been past for a while, but there used to be a white Fiat six-wheeler minibus kept there (ex-council I believe), don't know whose it is/was though. Never saw any more than that one vehicle in there for many years.

I don't think there are any vehicles left at the former Bootle depot either, but not 100% sure.

I don't really keep track of withdrawn buses, but as far as operational vehicles are concerned your list pretty much matches mine, except that you don't have the two former Halton Fiat/Bluebirds, or Alero YR52 WNG - I'm not sure if they still have the latter, and can't check its status as it isn't found on DVLA. (I seem to recall it wasn't findable at the time either, so this can't be taken as any indication of whether or not it still exists.) There may also be one or two blue mid-2000s Fiat minibuses that I never managed to get details of and don't know whether they've still got them.

On the other hand, YN54 LLD (which I don't believe ever saw service with Cumfybus) is now with Topgear Limos of Audlem, Cheshire, and the fact that it was photographed in Aintree is presumably a coincidence (and likely something to do with the races).

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem1 - 24/12/2016 14:53

Is the fiat bluebirds the black ones as i think they passed over to HCT when they took over the merseylink .

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 24/12/2016 14:54

Thanks Dave, I will have to take a look at the Depots and see what I can see