Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - Mayneway - 05/11/2014 10:11

(05/11/2014 09:41)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It may depend on his overall record, if he has been complained about before for similar behaviour then he will probably go. However, if is record has previously been exemplary he may get away with a warning, tough decision for his bosses.

Normally after a verbal complaint yes but you've got the passengers video which speaks for itself, not to mention the bad press he's brought to his employer. Do they really want a reputation as a firm that employ's thugs and louts?
Plus given the local media interest the echo will be looking for the outcome of this so it's very much in the public eye.

It's a shame because some of his supposed passengers sing his phrases in the article comments but behaviour like that cannot be let go.

RE: Cumfybus - mathias - 05/11/2014 14:49

Like I said in an earlier post, I've actually witnessed the behaviour of this driver.
He's harmless enough and I think he jokes around with passengers to ease the boredom of his job.

Not a bad guy, not unpleasant or rude or anything, just likes having a laugh.
What worries me is the one-sidedness of this video clip, it paints him as some kind of villain and it's giving him a lot of grief.

Who's to say the passenger didn't try to provoke him?
He may have thought "Let's wind-up the driver, film his reaction then tell the papers!"
Either way, this 'stunt' has worked.

Got to agree his behaviour was unprofessional as he shouldn't of left his cab.
Other than that, I can't comment on facts, as I wasn't there.

Lastly, we're dealing with the Liverpool Echo here, a local tabloid that goes for the drama-angle.
Mountains and Molehills etc.

RE: Cumfybus - Mayneway - 05/11/2014 16:09

(05/11/2014 14:49)mathias Wrote:  Like I said in an earlier post, I've actually witnessed the behaviour of this driver.
He's harmless enough and I think he jokes around with passengers to ease the boredom of his job.

Not a bad guy, not unpleasant or rude or anything, just likes having a laugh.
What worries me is the one-sidedness of this video clip, it paints him as some kind of villain and it's giving him a lot of grief.

Who's to say the passenger didn't try to provoke him?
He may have thought "Let's wind-up the driver, film his reaction then tell the papers!"
Either way, this 'stunt' has worked.

Got to agree his behaviour was unprofessional as he shouldn't of left his cab.
Other than that, I can't comment on facts, as I wasn't there.

Lastly, we're dealing with the Liverpool Echo here, a local tabloid that goes for the drama-angle.
Mountains and Molehills etc.

I do agree that it is unfair that he's been hung drawn and quartered by the public while the investigation by his employers is ongoing, and fair play to the echo for telling his side of the story.
Like I've said in a previous post. I'm not a bus driver but I work in retail and it's a fact that there are some sad and strange members of the public who enjoy getting a rise out of the people providing a service for them, then making a complaint when they get a reaction, but the big mistake is giving them what they want which is an outburst. If it's true that the passenger is a serial complainer/trouble maker then the driver has played right into his hands.

I've heard the word banter mentioned a number of times but at the end of the day telling someone repeatedly to 'shut their mouth' then lunging at them from thier cab is no way banter. He's paid to driver a bus not lark about and sadly he's come unstuck.

RE: Cumfybus - H101GEV - 05/11/2014 21:06

Whether he was provoked or not, there is no excuse for the sort of aggressive, threatening behaviour we see in the clip. I have no time for people who enjoy getting others into trouble as the comments suggest the complainer is in this case, but it in no way excuses the driver's behaviour. He should go as far as I'm concerned.

One thing I can't abide is people passing off rudeness as 'banter' or trying to describe it as 'banter gone too far'. Forget banter, just do your job and be polite. I don't think passengers expect anything more than that. The drivers I find best are the friendlier types who have a reply when you thank them as you leave the bus, not the sort who goof around.

RE: Cumfybus - B10B6514 - 25/11/2014 11:29

Another used Optare Alero has turned up MH03 RHF. It was operating the Southport Merseylink yesterday. It has the remnants of vinyls for Rochdale Community Transport and Bus Lists On The Web has it as new July 2003 to Wythenshawe Mobile of Northern Moor.

RE: Cumfybus - jimbo - 26/11/2014 22:23

Yeah it is ex RCT - they lost all their tfgm contracts in one go a few months back due to unfixable problems (they were commuting fraud (all I'm saying)

RE: Cumfybus - wirralbus - 10/02/2015 19:54

Service 101 from 19th April .
The route will be changed, so buses will run between Princes Parade, Vauxhall, Queen Square Bus Station, Everton Park and the Royal Liverpool Hospital. The Princes Parade section covers a bit of the withdrawn Route C7. The times will be changed too.

RE: Cumfybus - SLTRegular - 11/02/2015 00:27

Noted a Fylde Villager Solo in SH before didn't they finish these routes ages ago why dont they debrand them?

RE: Cumfybus - B10B6514 - 11/02/2015 04:13

Unfortunately the whole fleet looks very down at heel - I think expired branding is the least of their problems appearance wise. Shame as a few years ago the fleet was very smart but I suppose they must think that it affects profits repainting vehicles.

RE: Cumfybus - PO59 MXJ - 11/02/2015 17:52

(10/02/2015 19:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Service 101 from 19th April .
The route will be changed, so buses will run between Princes Parade, Vauxhall, Queen Square Bus Station, Everton Park and the Royal Liverpool Hospital. The Princes Parade section covers a bit of the withdrawn Route C7. The times will be changed too.

Surprised at that as soon no buses will be serving Princes Parade, St Nicholas Place and Mann Island as Joe Anderson has purchased an apartment somewhere around the Pier Head and does not want to see buses when he looks out. This fella really doesnt like buses does he.