Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem - 12/07/2013 18:00

Bolton depot are using the nrw touch screen ticket machines like jim stones.

RE: Cumfybus - jimbo - 12/07/2013 19:40

Im still a fan of wayfarer machines, or ev3n almex like first. ..

RE: Cumfybus - Mayneway - 12/07/2013 22:48

This month's Ribble Enthusiast Club newsletter has reported that the former MD of Maytree Travel is running things for Cumfybus's Bolton Depot.
Not seen it reported elsewhere and it could be a miss print but does seem pretty ironic if its true.

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem - 13/07/2013 06:30

There is someone from slt there from what i got told too.

RE: Cumfybus - Mayneway - 13/07/2013 06:39

If it is true I can see one or two people at TFGM a little red faced. Maytree collapses and they work round the clock to find emergency cover (no doubt at taxpayers expense), only for some of the tenders to end up back in the same persons hands (well virtually).
I can imagine a few ex Maytree drivers not being too happy either! - I'd it's true

RE: Cumfybus - jimbo - 13/07/2013 07:17

Maytree's issue was insurance tough so... meh, their ex inspector is now at MCT as a supervisor...

RE: Cumfybus - P528LND - 15/07/2013 22:12

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Cumfybus Bolton are running wholly on hybrids.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but they are the first bus company to run in Greater Manchester with a fleet that is 100% hybrid.

If I were the MD of Cumfybus I would be taking advantage of that in the advertisement of the company. I reckon they will be a shining star of a company to TfGM too, not to mention their impeccable punctuality I have witnessed first hand up to yet!

A delightful company - at least the Bolton branch. Smile

RE: Cumfybus - CX06 EBK - 16/07/2013 00:01

It's a shame they don't have quite the same amount of care for their Merseyside operations. Faded paint, mismatched panels and in general a pretty tired looking fleet.

RE: Cumfybus - CX06 EBK - 16/07/2013 00:03

It's a shame they don't have quite the same amount of care for their Merseyside operations. Faded paint, mismatched panels and in general a pretty tired looking fleet.

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem - 16/07/2013 06:48

(15/07/2013 22:12)P528LND Wrote:  I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Cumfybus Bolton are running wholly on hybrids.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but they are the first bus company to run in Greater Manchester with a fleet that is 100% hybrid.

If I were the MD of Cumfybus I would be taking advantage of that in the advertisement of the company. I reckon they will be a shining star of a company to TfGM too, not to mention their impeccable punctuality I have witnessed first hand up to yet!

A delightful company - at least the Bolton branch. Smile

This part of there tender application im led to beleive as from a tfgm bus supervisor told me they put in there apication that they would run all the tenders with hybrids unless they are really short then may use a normal engined veichle but only in extreme emergency so will just have to wait and see if they keep to it .