Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - T42 PVM - 19/06/2012 09:09

no am not saying it will take years for the current service to get numbers i mean it will take years to improve like more early trips more late trips more regular trips ect thats all i been trying to say myself as i am really happy cumfy bus have made this move in replacing the 70, only downfall is a lo of 70 passengers wanted that driver but am sure they will settle with the service being replace

RE: Cumfybus - wirralbus - 19/06/2012 18:06

With the 139 not following the 10A route the bus has to try that little harder to get passengers , unlike the 10 and 10A which are guaranteed money makers the 139 has to work for its profit .

Cumfybus has to be applauded in seeing this opportunity lets see if it works out now .

RE: Cumfybus - M113 YKC - 19/06/2012 18:24

(19/06/2012 18:06)wirralbus Wrote:  With the 139 not following the 10A route the bus has to try that little harder to get passengers , unlike the 10 and 10A which are guaranteed money makers the 139 has to work for its profit .
Well considering that the residents en-route of SM&SL's current 70 practically begged for the service to stay, they better use their replacement! Surely a lot of people must have complained about it though - another company wouldn't just take on such work (through one of their existing commercial services) for nothing.

If Cumfybus were trying out a new link, I'd call it a pretty poor attempt. Anybody with common sense would also think the same! This extension is clearly just to give people a replacement for the soon-to-be-withdrawn 70. Obviously, if somebody (who hasn't got an ANW or SM&SL saver ticket) is waiting at a bus-stop in the St Helens area for a bus to Liverpool and the cheaper 139 turns up, that's lucky for them! I can't see people moving onto that service permanently though (a few people might start using the odd journey in one direction) - and if Cumfybus wanted people to do so (if they thought it was worth it), they'd have made the timetable more viable for it.

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 19/06/2012 18:45

the 70 was that loved it made it into the local papers

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 20/06/2012 01:38

am just thinking now the hybrid solos have replaced the optare solos on the liverpool c network so that would free up solos, well a lot of solos and thats made me think are they replacing anything? and any other buses they have on order?

RE: Cumfybus - M113 YKC - 20/06/2012 08:17

(20/06/2012 01:38)bolton bus basher Wrote:  am just thinking now the hybrid solos have replaced the optare solos on the liverpool c network so that would free up solos, well a lot of solos and thats made me think are they replacing anything?
When the 59-plated Solos are officially released from the CityLink network, hopefully they'll replace older, tattier Solos - particularly the M920 T-OUBs and the likes of the H-CFYs, too. The M850 X-NWRs aren't too bad (well, the ones that I've rode on in the past haven't been too bad - apart from X181 NWR, with its dreadful, plastic seats!), so it's unlikely that they'll be withdrawn any time soon - most of them (if not, all of them) have had interior refurbishments recently, anyway. It'll be interesting to see where the smaller M710SE Solos are deployed to when the CityLink network has all of the hybrid Solos on there...
(20/06/2012 01:38)bolton bus basher Wrote:  and any other buses they have on order?
As far as I know, Cumfybus haven't ordered any further new buses. If they do in the future, however, I wonder what they'll choose - Optare don't produce the "classic Solo" anymore...

RE: Cumfybus - K853 MTJ - 20/06/2012 09:14

Perhaps a cue for Cumfybus to maybe play host to a variety of demonstrators in the future then do you think, to find a suitable replacement for the classic Solo?

RE: Cumfybus - M113 YKC - 20/06/2012 09:20

(20/06/2012 09:14)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Perhaps a cue for Cumfybus to maybe play host to a variety of demonstrators in the future then do you think, to find a suitable replacement for the classic Solo?
They'll probably just purchase Solo SRs in the future. Underneath, they're a Solo! I doubt that they're going to go out and purchase StreetLites or something - that'd just complicate their standardisation.

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 20/06/2012 09:23

thanks for all the current information, i expect the solos of the C ROUTES to make it on the 139 as at the moment thats decker allacation and with some of the roads near me its going up its not going to be easy in a DD and no point putting them on shorts as looking at the timetable the longs and the shorts interchange

RE: Cumfybus - M113 YKC - 20/06/2012 09:30

(20/06/2012 09:23)bolton bus basher Wrote:  thanks for all the current information, i expect the solos of the C ROUTES to make it on the 139 as at the moment thats decker allacation and with some of the roads near me its going up its not going to be easy in a DD and no point putting them on shorts as looking at the timetable the longs and the shorts interchange
Those 'deckers aren't expected to stay with Cumfybus for much longer, from what I've heard.