Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - H101GEV - 26/09/2013 15:56

Using the former AirLink Commanders on the 500 is sensible, as the route simply does not carry the substantial loads it used to on a regular basis, so the capacity of the Bendys is much better utilised on the busy 699. The Commanders are comfier and ride better as well so it's a sensible move all round.

What I don't agree with is allowing junk like Myllenniums on the 82 on a regular basis while the 81 is receiving considerably more deckers than it used to. What should happen is simple: more deckers (DLPs would be fine) arrive to support the Myllenniums on busier 81 services. Deckers should certainly not be cut from much busier routes like the 79 and 82 in my opinion.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - wirralbus - 26/09/2013 18:08

Has there been a change of management at local level at Speke because there seems to be a few buses now which about a year ago you would never have seen on certain routes.

I thought when the Gemini's arrived everything was looking up , but somehow things havent worked out .

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - M393VWX - 27/09/2013 01:27

Myllenniums on 79 and 82 is quite ridiculous they're also on the 86\a sometimes as well they need to be replaced and soon

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 27/09/2013 07:12

Using the 81 daily, I don't think the Mylleniums are that bad, some of them rattle a bit, but other than that I don't have a major problem with them. However, not sure they should be used on 82 or 86.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MX12CFE - 27/09/2013 11:09

Ray reports on the arriva yahoo group that spekes geminis are having some work done to them by wrights the work will be carried out at runcorn depot anyone know what this work is for?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - motormayhem - 27/09/2013 12:25

A speke gemini went into st helens depot this morning.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - YN05 WKE - 27/09/2013 15:24

I wounder if its Wi-Fi?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Arriva3137 - 27/09/2013 15:27

The Geminis are having modifcations to there engines in runcorn by wright and cummins. 2 arrive every night after service for work. Although this morning one hit the barrier and tore back part of roof.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Neoplan N4009 - 27/09/2013 17:14

(27/09/2013 07:12)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Using the 81 daily, I don't think the Mylleniums are that bad, some of them rattle a bit, but other than that I don't have a major problem with them. However, not sure they should be used on 82 or 86.

Tbf Myllennium's aren't to bad but to an extent are uncomfortable to ride on an can get quite busy, understandably so the odd decker should be on the 81 as witnessed how busy it can get with 2 major schools SFX & St Julie's passing on route along with Certain Liverpool/Everton fans coming through on match days... On that note 4124 appeared on the 81A today

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - wirralbus - 27/09/2013 18:17

Its not the 81 that people seem to be having a moan about with regards the mylleniums but the 79, 82 and 86/A services .

Over the years Speke contingent of Double Deckers have always resided on the 82 and 86 and since the geminis arrived on the scene a good majority of the 79 services.