Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MX12CFE - 10/05/2013 06:30

(09/05/2013 21:09)Ultralow Wrote:  If Speke are going to get more DLA's i can see 4114,15 and 19 will get the P+P treatment.

on another note about 4114 when the bell goes off a buzzing noise goes off until the doors open has any one else noticed this?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MX12CFE - 10/05/2013 06:34

(09/05/2013 21:09)Ultralow Wrote:  If Speke are going to get more DLA's i can see 4114,15 and 19 will get the P+P treatment.

on another note about 4114 when the bell goes off a buzzing noise goes off until the doors open has any one else noticed this?

I recently asked on arrivas facebook page when the remaining commanders are going to get the P+P treatment as only a few have been done so far i got a swift reply back from them saying theres 27 commanders at speke still to be treated and that they will be done this year.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - M113 YKC - 10/05/2013 12:40

(09/05/2013 20:41)507009 Wrote:  4157 has a tired interior but still rides very well. Certainly not a bad bus.
Was certainly far from a good bus (took a while for it to get to about 10-MPH from start, then it'd go OK) when I rode on it on the 432/433 from New Brighton to Liverpool before the hybrids arrived.

Apparently, S288 JUA (4158) is another DAF/ALX400 which is at Speke (on the 86/86A today) alongside S287 JUA (4157) - thought the former was at Winsford, however it may have been sent back to Birkenhead along with a few others (Dodgy)...

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 12/05/2013 22:21

Apparently Speke drivers are furious of the retern of the DLA's and that they want something else to replace them A.S.A.P!

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - wirralbus - 13/05/2013 04:01

I don't think there is much else available in double deckers , so otherwise it would be completely unacceptable single deckers .

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Phil - 13/05/2013 09:05

(13/05/2013 04:01)wirralbus Wrote:  I don't think there is much else available in double deckers , so otherwise it would be completely unacceptable single deckers .

That never stopped management before. When the three Presidents went off to LS, they were replaced with Cadets!

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - H101GEV - 13/05/2013 11:03

Quite frankly, and I don't mean any offence here, who cares if the drivers don't like them? Let's not forget they're getting paid to drive the things, while we passengers have to pay for the privilege of riding them. Ultimately, DLAs are significantly better than the R-WVRs they are replacing at Speke, and to put this into perspective, they're hugely superior to the Myllenniums.

Some of the recent arrivals from Birkenhead are beyond poor - they're right up there with the likes of the Ultralows and Marshall Darts as the worst buses I have ever ridden. Filthy, vandalised interiors, rock hard seating and truly dire ride quality. The Myllenniums are wholly unacceptable for a high-profile, city centre depot like Speke, yet their arrival was seemingly surrounded by silence. Whether they're poor to drive or not, the DLAs are light years ahead of the Myllenniums (and, for the most part, the R-WVRs) in terms of internal comfort and cleanliness, ride quality and capacity.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 13/05/2013 12:22

(13/05/2013 11:03)507009 Wrote:  Quite frankly, and I don't mean any offence here, who cares if the drivers don't like them? Let's not forget they're getting paid to drive the things, while we passengers have to pay for the privilege of riding them. Ultimately, DLAs are significantly better than the R-WVRs they are replacing at Speke, and to put this into perspective, they're hugely superior to the Myllenniums.

Some of the recent arrivals from Birkenhead are beyond poor - they're right up there with the likes of the Ultralows and Marshall Darts as the worst buses I have ever ridden. Filthy, vandalised interiors, rock hard seating and truly dire ride quality. The Myllenniums are wholly unacceptable for a high-profile, city centre depot like Speke, yet their arrival was seemingly surrounded by silence. Whether they're poor to drive or not, the DLAs are light years ahead of the Myllenniums (and, for the most part, the R-WVRs) in terms of internal comfort and cleanliness, ride quality and capacity.

I agree, they are there to do their job and if they have to drive one now and then well that's life. I would be interested to see where ultralow got his information from that drivers are furious !!! at the depot getting a few of them.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 13/05/2013 13:09

DLA's... unreliability to an extent, slow off the mark, low interior seating capacity, loud retarder, prone to being late upon arrival, large buggy bays, low floor easy access, high capacity, fast once they hit around 40mph, can be used on all speke routes bar 500, more reliable than a citaro, recent refurbishments, no need for type training drivers.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 13/05/2013 18:14

I would be interested to see where ultralow got his information from that drivers are furious !!! at the depot getting a few of them.
[/quote]

I have been told by drivers about the DLA's being the talk of the depot on how much they want them gone.

Speke were the first depot to recieve the DLA's in 2006 or 7 and they had been nothing but trouble for Speke and some time last year i was told by a driver that one of the managers at Speke went to London to have a look at Castades deckers which were infact DLAs He turned around and said no due to all the trouble Speke had with them.

The same goes with the Ex Laird St Myllenniums they didnt go down to well either but with the retern of the DLA's has just made things worse.

Ok the DLAs arnt the worst buses and at the end of the day its part of there job i know and i dont care that the drivers dont like them all I was really saying was they may not be here for long without it being to much of a problem on here!