Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - RSTurbo50 - 23/01/2013 14:47

How long before 3332 is taken off the road for good do you think?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 23/01/2013 15:55

Just imformed from a driver i know that 3313 has now got L.E.D Dests at leased it can go on more routes now as its just been alocated to the 699s for the past few months.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 23/01/2013 16:05

[quote='RSTurbo50' pid='27422' dateline='1358952450']
How long before 3332 is taken off the road for good do you think?

Thats a hard one as its a pool bus along with 3313 to cover for buses that are away for Referb at St Helens and when all the B7s are done they will move onto the Commanders so id say they should be gone at the end of the year possibly before that.

Also the 3 Prestiges could be staying an extra 2 Years as there pool buses to also cover buses that are away for P+P so they will be withdrawn with Myllenniums than speke would proberly get a new order or old stock like Pulsars.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K853 MTJ - 23/01/2013 18:12

(23/01/2013 16:05)Ultralow Wrote:  Thats a hard one as its a pool bus along with 3313 to cover for buses that are away for Referb at St Helens and when all the B7s are done they will move onto the Commanders so id say they should be gone at the end of the year possibly before that.

Also the 3 Prestiges could be staying an extra 2 Years as there pool buses to also cover buses that are away for P+P so they will be withdrawn with Myllenniums than speke would proberly get a new order or old stock like Pulsars.

Can pretty confidently say it won't see 2014, should be gone by around July. Remember it doesn't have to stay as long as things are getting P&P'd, going to be DLAs about to displace older step entrance stock like this soon.
Personally I doubt the Prestiges staying 2 years, they're now non-standard in the North West so will most likely be for disposal as soon as possible/as soon as replacements are available.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - RSTurbo50 - 23/01/2013 19:45

Shame that the Olympians will be going but the step entrance makes it very difficult for pensioners, prams etc to get on and off....

Not sure what the Speke ones are like now though. I'd imagine they are musty and rattly?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 23/01/2013 19:52

The olympians have done their time and seem very old fashioned now, I personally don't think that the R-WVR batch were the best with their plastic back seats which reminded me of the seats the used to put in the BKC-K atlanteans after they had been vandalised and they seemed to be done a little on the cheap. However, they were the last deckers bought by MTL and hopefully somebody somewhere will preserve one.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 23/01/2013 19:55

(23/01/2013 18:12)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(23/01/2013 16:05)Ultralow Wrote:  Thats a hard one as its a pool bus along with 3313 to cover for buses that are away for Referb at St Helens and when all the B7s are done they will move onto the Commanders so id say they should be gone at the end of the year possibly before that.

Can pretty confidently say it won't see 2014, should be gone by around July. Remember it doesn't have to stay as long as things are getting P&P'd, going to be DLAs about to displace older step entrance stock like this soon.
Personally I doubt the Prestiges staying 2 years, they're now non-standard in the North West so will most likely be for disposal as soon as possible/as soon as replacements are available.

yeah they wont stay till 2014 either harf way through the year like june, july but they will be withdrawn by October.

A driver told me about the prestiges so dont no how true it is.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 23/01/2013 19:57

(23/01/2013 19:52)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The olympians have done their time and seem very old fashioned now, I personally don't think that the R-WVR batch were the best with their plastic back seats which reminded me of the seats the used to put in the BCK-K atlanteans after they had been vandalised and they seemed to be done a little on the cheap. However, they were the last deckers bought by MTL and hopefully somebody somewhere will preserve one.

So were they like that from new with the plastic back seats?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - RSTurbo50 - 23/01/2013 19:58

The ones I have driven N271 CKB and N275 CKB had different seating in them. But again they were dirty and very musty. Drove lovely though with an absolute fantastic turn of speed. I still think they look nice today but passengers don't tend to like them...

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 23/01/2013 20:02

(23/01/2013 19:57)Ultralow Wrote:  
(23/01/2013 19:52)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The olympians have done their time and seem very old fashioned now, I personally don't think that the R-WVR batch were the best with their plastic back seats which reminded me of the seats the used to put in the BCK-K atlanteans after they had been vandalised and they seemed to be done a little on the cheap. However, they were the last deckers bought by MTL and hopefully somebody somewhere will preserve one.

So were they like that from new with the plastic back seats?

Yes they were, surprised me when I got on one when they were new.