Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - J654UHN - 15/12/2012 22:40

Never said it was forum members. ive been about 6ft away from a battery explosion and it doesnt cause a fire

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - R879 HRF - 16/12/2012 12:16

last time i saw a bus battery explode is just sort of smoked for a few seconds and let its contents drip all over the floor-

I was told by another source at the depot that the driver called the bus in because smoke was coming from the back of the cab- driver ran it in, and it was parked up before going alight. I doubt the smoke from a battery explosion could come through the cab floor. I'm not familiar with B7TLs but i assume like most deckers all the relays, fuses and other main electrics are behind the driver in the cupboard so id imagine the smoke came from a fault in there somewhere!

We'll have to wait and see i suppose, and this time we can't even blame it on DAF! Wink

Luke

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - SL64 JFK - 16/12/2012 12:30

B7s aren't immune to fires - two of the batch of 49 bought for Gillingham's Operation Overdrive in 2004 have been written off due to fire in the past few years.

Here's how their 6416 looked after the fire in 2007 © Steve Thomas

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - R879 HRF - 16/12/2012 15:48

that doesnt look its best..

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MX12CFE - 17/12/2012 12:12

Wonder what will come to speke to replace 4118? S***JUA/T***FGN DAFdecker perhaps or one of the ex blue bus trident presidents unless someone has a spare gemini?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - J654UHN - 17/12/2012 13:33

Might get a president back or even a gemini from winsford

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Phil - 17/12/2012 14:28

(17/12/2012 13:33)J654UHN Wrote:  Might get a president back or even a gemini from winsford

Hopefully not a President. My knees wouldn't cope! :p

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - wirralbus - 17/12/2012 15:26

(17/12/2012 14:28)Phil Wrote:  
(17/12/2012 13:33)J654UHN Wrote:  Might get a president back or even a gemini from winsford

Hopefully not a President. My knees wouldn't cope! :p

So your one of our taller species then , they never make seats comfortable for the 6ft and over brigade.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K101HUM - 17/12/2012 18:12

This may not go well with some members, but why not send one of the three Gemini 2DL's from Winsford? The bus would compliment an already plentiful fleet at Speke, wheras one of the former DLA class vehicles would be non-standard should one find its way back to South Liverpool. In contrast, Winsford are due cascaded DAF ALX400's from other garages, and no doubt those under repair at St Helens will be re-allocated to Winsford to replace the remaining Olympian's when their final call comes no doubt very shortly. In this light, Winsford wouldn't be down on allocation whilst retaining a standard fleet of double deck vehicles bar the two remaining 2DL's. I am not too sure of the PVR foe the 38 in which these 3 2DL's appear to be predominantly used, but I'd hazard a guess that one of the three will be a spare?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - dennis-loline - 17/12/2012 18:42

(17/12/2012 18:12)K101HUM Wrote:  This may not go well with some members, but why not send one of the three Gemini 2DL's from Winsford? The bus would compliment an already plentiful fleet at Speke, wheras one of the former DLA class vehicles would be non-standard should one find its way back to South Liverpool. In contrast, Winsford are due cascaded DAF ALX400's from other garages, and no doubt those under repair at St Helens will be re-allocated to Winsford to replace the remaining Olympian's when their final call comes no doubt very shortly. In this light, Winsford wouldn't be down on allocation whilst retaining a standard fleet of double deck vehicles bar the two remaining 2DL's. I am not too sure of the PVR foe the 38 in which these 3 2DL's appear to be predominantly used, but I'd hazard a guess that one of the three will be a spare?

3 Geminis are reqiured for the daytime 38, also Winsford & macclesfield waited a hell of a long while for new deckers, the previous new deckers were in fact Crosville V.R,s so I dont think the staff & passengers would be to pleased to again have some one elses cast offs, what you are saying is to take away a 1/3 of winsfords new deckers, perhaps Winsford could spare you an olympian though!!!LOL