Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - CX54 DKD - 25/08/2012 18:16

I've never used the scratch away Saveaways wirralbus, I just seemed to recall reading it whilst reading through the Saveaway downloadable PDF.

Luke, whilst I get where the annoyance would come from for you, I don't think it's really fair to class them as a 'jobsworth' when all that they're really doing is enforcing the rules they're TOLD to adhere by. At the end of the day, if a Merseytravel ticketing inspector was on and identified that you shouldn't be, it's the driver who'd get it in the neck for allowing you on. To cover their own backs, I can say that I don't blame these drivers to an extent. However, I just think it's a stupid restriction on behalf of Merseytravel but then that said, I don't think that restriction exists on the train does it?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - V671 DVU - 25/08/2012 18:20

You can get the train yeah, why you can get a train but not a bus over the water really is beyond me.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - T42 PVM - 25/08/2012 18:41

a bit of topic but i used the 500 a lot when i was a kid and i was never turned away, maybe i just been lucky but never happened to me

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K853 MTJ - 25/08/2012 19:13

I have never been turned away when going across the water on my own on a child ticket, similarly I have never been turned away on the 500. I know it happens, and I have come close to not getting on sometimes but I guess I have been lucky with the drivers I have had in that they have always waved me on whenever I have been on my own.
I do think it is rather stupid with the 500 though, at the end of the day I don't fancy the alternative of getting another route that goes all around the world to get to the same place. Guess the only alternative is an 86A or 80A from the airport to Speke Boulevard and then an X1.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - ste - 25/08/2012 22:36

Is it the complete eve service being withdrawn? And what is the reasoning behind it becoming a stopping route for the first 3 journeys?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Phil - 26/08/2012 09:29

(25/08/2012 14:39)mr t Wrote:  From 7th October;
78 - reduced to every 30 minutes

Why don't they just go ahead and withdraw it. The 78 has gone way down in terms of quality over the past few months.

Hopefully Speke will use bigger buses than Cadets which seem to be the norm on the 78 now. My how times have changed!Confused

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - wirralbus - 26/08/2012 09:55

(26/08/2012 09:29)Phil Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 14:39)mr t Wrote:  From 7th October;
78 - reduced to every 30 minutes

Why don't they just go ahead and withdraw it. The 78 has gone way down in terms of quality over the past few months.

Hopefully Speke will use bigger buses than Cadets which seem to be the norm on the 78 now. My how times have changed!Confused

Half Hourly thats tantamount to Withdrawal they will have toi be double deckers for that otherwise the locals will moan something chronic .

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - mr t - 26/08/2012 12:05

The Cadets have been used on the 78 as the schools and Hope Uni are off.

The 500 all evening journeys after 1930 are withdrawn.

The first 3 journeys are stopping as the 82As are struggling to cope, it is to meet the morning demand for the early morning flight departures.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - R311 WVR - 28/08/2012 20:51

3313 was on the 86/A today. Also i'm sure i saw a New-Coulored Paladin the Speke depot. Any help here?

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K853 MTJ - 28/08/2012 20:54

Yep, 3 ex Runcorn and St Helens Paladins are there for storage (I believe) prior to conversion to trainer, presumably to keep a bit of space at an already packed St Helens. These are 1042/4/8, with 1047 parked up at Runcorn also earmarked for the training school.