Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - M60lad - 11/08/2012 06:16

Have Speke lost any of their Myllennium's recently the only reason why I ask is that while I was on a 35A to Widnes yesterday afternoon coming the other way from Widnes direction was 2466 being driven by a fitter and on trade plates, I'm guessing it could have been heading to St Helens but if its on trade plates it could have been heading elsewhere

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - R311 WVR - 11/08/2012 08:52

(11/08/2012 06:07)M60lad Wrote:  Funny situation with 4125 on 500 last night as it turned into a 3 way swap as the duty was originally allocated a Citaro which turned up at John Lennon at 17:00 with 500 Liverpool on the front, then for some reason it ended up leaving out of service and heading back to Depot with one of Speke's VDL Gemini 2 supposed to replace it on 17:15 500 John Lennon-Liverpool service but the driver seemed to be having problems with the ticket machine or something so in the end it was swapped again with 4125 which had come in off a 86A, the problem couldn't have been that bad as the Gemini 2 ended up on 86A with 4125 out on 500s and by the time all the passengers had been picked up 17:15 500 ended up leaving JLA about 20mins down.

Sounds about right, Saw it near Moorields Stastion At 6.15

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 11/08/2012 10:57

(11/08/2012 06:16)M60lad Wrote:  Have Speke lost any of their Myllennium's recently the only reason why I ask is that while I was on a 35A to Widnes yesterday afternoon coming the other way from Widnes direction was 2466 being driven by a fitter and on trade plates, I'm guessing it could have been heading to St Helens but if its on trade plates it could have been heading elsewhere

2466 has been at St Helens for engine repair.

None of the mylleniums have left speke but I believe a few are NFS.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - motormayhem - 11/08/2012 13:02

2466 is round the back of st helens depot this morning,how long as the bendis had free wifi fitted to them.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - 126th street - 11/08/2012 14:21

The Wi-Fi in the artics is a recent thing as it was announced at the opening of the 'new' Speke depot three months ago.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - mr t - 11/08/2012 23:48

It says on the Destinations about it too, saying South Parkway, with "free wifi on board" underneath, I saw one yesterday

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - SLTRegular - 12/08/2012 17:52

I saw a Speke or Maybe Cheshire Based Gemini heading southbound on the M6 at Haydock today around 5:30pm any ideas? it was MX61 plate didnt catch last three letters but had advert frames in it with recent ads in.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Valandil - 12/08/2012 18:35

(11/08/2012 23:48)mr t Wrote:  It says on the Destinations about it too, saying South Parkway, with "free wifi on board" underneath, I saw one yesterday

They have the 'Free Wifi' text in bold as well (see attached), making it look like it's more important than where the bus is actually going to!
The wifi is only really useful on service 500, as the 10 minutes end-to-end on the 501 will only give you chance to check the price of butter.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Valandil - 13/08/2012 19:40

By the way, Wayfarers broke down on two Speke-operated buses I was on yesterday.
The driver of the former stopped for ages trying to sort it out, and then started saying how he was now expected to be an engineer as well as a driver, and how he'd be getting on to his union about it.
Pass-holders were just waved on, and others just had to get tickets later in the journey: he did eventually get it to work, after rebooting and quite a lot of shaking it around.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 14/08/2012 20:40

The wifi on the articulated 500/501/699 rota vehicles works perfectly.

I sampled the wifi on MA33/6033 to which the connection was VERY fast, and all you have to do is agree to the terms and conditions of the internet service provider (who isnt arriva unsuprisingly) by clicking a box which then puts a tick in it, and hey presto! your the center of the computing world.