Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - SL64 JFK - 05/08/2012 21:47

(05/08/2012 21:30)K101HUM Wrote:  Not disagreeing with you at all MPTE and fearful you may have interpreted that message there so apologies for that. The 15 years, like you say, is rapidly approaching for all the vehicles above, again as you quite rightly say. My point was that the company continues to invest its money and resources in them, so therefore as you say in a logical manor, there must be some sort of future (perhaps merely financial with the potential of re-sale factor more than presence in the operational fleet) in store. Just another factor that some of the B10B's survived past their 15th birthday and a more contemporary reference being 3360 and the valiant 7533, and think it may be a case for the Palatine 2's and remaining Palatine I's scattered across the North West and inevitably will be case for the S-JUA's. Its the book value which determines the status in the fleet. Not too sure without reference to another site on what date they were registered, but would understand that their book value with the refurbishments undertaken both externally and at the likes of Liverline would ensure they have some value yet. Or so theory would suggest.

This one seems to me to be a tough one to call - I'm not an expert in any stretch of the imagination but I do think the 15-year rule is a bit much for Darts as they get an absolute pounding and are less robust than heavyweight buses. Indeed, I think some Renowns could last 20 years if Arriva let them, whereas a lot of Marshalls were time expired after 10 years!

Whilst Marshalls are only just starting to hover around the 13-year-old mark in many cases, I do think the vast majority of them won't be around on their 14th birthdays because, as MPTE says, many of them are decrepit at best, and therefore their book values are probably going to be lower than those of Pointer 2s of similar ages (i.e. the T-PNBs).

With regards to Darts, 2273 has been withdrawn at St Helens and it's not even 14 years old yet. Whether it's got a major defect or not I'm not sure, but a Dart that's hovering around 14 years old is ready for retirement in my book - particularly those with bodies other than Plaxtons as they don't seem quite as robust for some reason.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K101HUM - 05/08/2012 22:10

The Marshall bodied Dart SLF's were certainly a budget buy by MTL, and a possible two years remaining in service as established could justify the remedial work currently being carried out on various examples. When the time does come for 7612 its the earlier sisters, the Dart SLF fleet will still be in abundance and therefore could see the continuation of the trend in stripping of withdrawn Dart's for various parts, namely the engine and gearbox to keep the others serviceable. In reference to the B10BLE's lasting two decades, I'm sure there are many a driver and enthusiast perhaps who would contest that statement! I'm a fan personally from the few rides I have had on Green Lanes examples.

Decrepit or not though, if that was the case 7615 and 7622 would have left the fleet or perhaps laid up until their residual book value depreciated to scrap value. As the fleet in MTL days, however, were bought in an agreement at a lower cost this could have an impact in book vale depreciating to scrap value somewhat prematurely as you say MX59, though I'd refer back to the two quoted vehicles earlier again to contradict this.

2273 may not be for the chop, its MOT was due to expire and withdrawn in a similar fashion to that of 2110 at Southport. The case with 2273, and perhaps its direct sister in 2274 from comments on the forum, they were continuously breaking down proving somewhat unreliable in comparison to elder fleet members such as 2101, 2298 and the remainder of the R-ABA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2273 arrive at another depot, as has been quoted this evening with Green Lane.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - J654UHN - 06/08/2012 16:17

73 74 76A and 77 are the ones i know off the top of my head that were Axed. 75 is now so many journeys go all the way to Okell Drive while the rest stop at Ravenscourt. Found out the hard way last week

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - mr t - 06/08/2012 19:39

The 74 is virtually the same as the 75 though, and the 76A/77 vitually identical to the 76 that replaced it. It was more renumberings than withdrawals. Only the 73 was lost.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Jack - 07/08/2012 21:28

A Prestige was on 86 today (2477 I think?)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 07/08/2012 22:02

Hi all 4117 is back fully referbished as it was on the 80A looking smart.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - M113 YKC - 08/08/2012 20:01

(30/07/2012 18:22)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  4112 on the 80/A today after its P+P

Its interior looks very nice, the front has been repainted but sides and rear still have the Hope Uni advert!
It was unusually on the 500 all day yesterday; here's a photo of it, which I managed to get in the evening:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael27701s-photos/7741542816/in/photostream/

[split] Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - R311 WVR - 10/08/2012 22:44

4125 (I Think) Was on the 500 this evening, Althogh i saw it on the 86 In the aternoon, So must o been swapped!, Another B7, Was on the 82

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - CX06 EBK - 10/08/2012 23:53

4127 was on the 82 this afternoon. It's also worth noting that 4125 is no longer the only interurban B7TL at Speke, both 4112 and 4117 are also repainted and I believe refurbished inside with the 'blue blocks' moquette inside.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - M60lad - 11/08/2012 06:07

Funny situation with 4125 on 500 last night as it turned into a 3 way swap as the duty was originally allocated a Citaro which turned up at John Lennon at 17:00 with 500 Liverpool on the front, then for some reason it ended up leaving out of service and heading back to Depot with one of Speke's VDL Gemini 2 supposed to replace it on 17:15 500 John Lennon-Liverpool service but the driver seemed to be having problems with the ticket machine or something so in the end it was swapped again with 4125 which had come in off a 86A, the problem couldn't have been that bad as the Gemini 2 ended up on 86A with 4125 out on 500s and by the time all the passengers had been picked up 17:15 500 ended up leaving JLA about 20mins down.