Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=4)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - motormayhem - 05/08/2012 15:21

i was informed that speke may be due another batch of bendi buses but was told they are unsure if they will get them or not and when the Enviro400 come over to speke they will see service on the 81

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K853 MTJ - 05/08/2012 18:34

(05/08/2012 15:21)motormayhem Wrote:  i was informed that speke may be due another batch of bendi buses but was told they are unsure if they will get them or not and when the Enviro400 come over to speke they will see service on the 81

Think it's pretty much safe to say Enviros will replace Myllenniums if/when they come!
As for the Bendy Buses, it's one of those things, in theory they are fantastic buses, great capacity and excellent people movers, but can be incredibly unreliable and hard to maintain!

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - wirralbus - 05/08/2012 19:31

Being honest , If Speke gets any more bendibuses what route would you put them on .

I say this because they really need to go on a route that they could go on in squadran service .

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 05/08/2012 19:48

I think it will probably be spare bendybuses for the 500/501/699 haha, The current lot aren't reliable enough as it is
Havent seen a 501 branded one in a while myself!

Its correct about the mylleniums, Speke asked for myllenium replacements alongside Laird St, Hence the possible order of pulsars (commanders for 75/77/78/80/80A) but looks like its no new buses for Speke this year! Smile

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 05/08/2012 20:32

It will be interesting to see where the mylleniums go. Green Lane & Bootle seems the most obvious places as they can replace the Marshalls which will be ready to go in the next two years and I'm sure that one or two of them will not last that long. The DLA's wouldnt have any more than that either and will in fact be less as some of them are up to a year older.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K853 MTJ - 05/08/2012 20:34

A good batch of Myllenniums for someone then. Possibly to Green Lane, good capacity and joins other examples of DAF SB220s!
Now the Ultralows are gone there seems to be a shortage of larger buses to replace and a lot of Darts to replace now. So I think they will just be used to consolidate opposed to replace.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K101HUM - 05/08/2012 20:55

(05/08/2012 20:32)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Green Lane & Bootle seems the most obvious places as they can replace the Marshalls which will be ready to go in the next two years and I'm sure that one or two of them will not last that long.

You say that MPTE though two of the oldest examples in 7615 and 7622 underwent extensive work recently, the latter even more so and it returning to its parent depot. 7615 was, and remains to be, a pool vehicle yet underwent engine repairs. Whether it be short-term or more distant and prosperous, there is still a future for the Marshall's yet it would seem. I'd be certain of that for the DLA's too, its abundantly clear the reluctance in letting the R-WVR's slip out of the fleet with various examples namely 3322 and 3327 in a dilapidated state for some yet remain intact, with the vast bulk (bar the sale of 3315 and 3326) remaining part of the active fleet. I would imagine when their time comes along with the R-registered DAF DB250 NC Palatine's, the DLA's will be their replacements. 4059 and 4076 have 'relinquished parts' due to defects, though the understanding from comments elsewhere is both will be rectified and regain fleet status as per 7622.

Apologies for the slip off topic, there. In reference to the Mylleniums, an educated bet would be GL given the previous allocation of the former Speke ALX300 bodied examples and Plaxton Prestige duo, though the full allocation of Speke and Birkenhead would surely be overload at Green Lane, without making inroads into V-registered Marshallls

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 05/08/2012 21:06

(05/08/2012 20:55)K101HUM Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:32)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Green Lane & Bootle seems the most obvious places as they can replace the Marshalls which will be ready to go in the next two years and I'm sure that one or two of them will not last that long.

You say that MPTE though two of the oldest examples in 7615 and 7622 underwent extensive work recently, the latter even more so and it returning to its parent depot. 7615 was, and remains to be, a pool vehicle yet underwent engine repairs. Whether it be short-term or more distant and prosperous, there is still a future for the Marshall's yet it would seem. I'd be certain of that for the DLA's too, its abundantly clear the reluctance in letting the R-WVR's slip out of the fleet with various examples namely 3322 and 3327 in a dilapidated state for some yet remain intact, with the vast bulk (bar the sale of 3315 and 3326) remaining part of the active fleet. I would imagine when their time comes along with the R-registered DAF DB250 NC Palatine's, the DLA's will be their replacements. 4059 and 4076 have 'relinquished parts' due to defects, though the understanding from comments elsewhere is both will be rectified and regain fleet status as per 7622.

Apologies for the slip off topic, there. In reference to the Mylleniums, an educated bet would be GL given the previous allocation of the former Speke ALX300 bodied examples and Plaxton Prestige duo, though the full allocation of Speke and Birkenhead would surely be overload at Green Lane, without making inroads into V-registered Marshallls

That's why I said 2 years, Arriva are withdrawing buses at 15 years of age, in two years the Marshalls will be that age and the vast majority are already complete sheds. The DLA's are only slightly younger than the R-WVR's as well with some being new in the same year so in two years time they will be 16 years old. The R-ABA's have started to be withdrawn so that leaves S & T darts after those. It's logical really.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K101HUM - 05/08/2012 21:30

Not disagreeing with you at all MPTE and fearful you may have misinterpreted that message there so apologies for that. The 15 years, like you say, is rapidly approaching for all the vehicles above, again as you quite rightly say. My point was that the company continues to invest its money and resources in them, so therefore as you say in a logical manor, there must be some sort of future (perhaps merely financial with the potential of re-sale factor more than presence in the operational fleet) in store. Just another factor that some of the B10B's survived past their 15th birthday and a more contemporary reference being 3360 and the valiant 7533, and think it may be a case for the Palatine 2's and remaining Palatine I's scattered across the North West and inevitably will be case for the S-JUA's. Its the book value which determines the status in the fleet. Not too sure without reference to another site on what date they were registered, but would understand that their book value with the refurbishments undertaken both externally and at the likes of Liverline would ensure they have some value yet. Or so theory would suggest.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - MPTE1955 - 05/08/2012 21:38

Yes I see what you are getting at K101, I would be surprised if the marshalls lastf that long or went for re-sale. Who knows the mylleniums could go for re-sale rather than moving. I doubt it mind