Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Bus Fire Liverpool - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bus Fire Liverpool (/showthread.php?tid=181)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - MPTE1955 - 19/06/2012 20:00

(19/06/2012 19:50)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 15:45)bolton bus basher Wrote:  has any other buses gone up in flames in the north west over the last 2 years?

2578 at Speke went up in flames when it was only a few weeks old! But no way do I avoid Commanders, I LOVE those thingsBig Grin
These things can happen out of the blue but I wouldn't go as far as to avoid a certian type of bus just because of a mishap.

(19/06/2012 14:39)Ultralow Wrote:  There not nice buses so if i was green lane i'd scrap the lot of them including birkenhead!

by looking at the photo it doesn't look as bad as 2412 but the main thing is everyone got off ok !
Personally I hope to see it repaired, I quite like the DAF ALX300's, it,s the Myllenium's that have poor ride quality.

I won't be avoiding the V-ENC's either, as for commanders I like them as well as they are fine machines. With regards to Mylleniums, I wouldnt say they all had bad ride quality as I get these quite a lot on my morning 81's, they are a bit hit and miss though.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - Scania1996 - 19/06/2012 20:02

(19/06/2012 19:58)V671 DVU Wrote:  Sorry to be pedantic, 2578 went up when new at Green Lane. (Easy mistake to make Wink) Wasn't 2578 some electrical fault?
I stand corrected V671, something I never knew!
Yes, as far as I know it was an electrical fault.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - T42 PVM - 19/06/2012 20:19

order new buses like commanders if they still make them, they are great buses

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - K853 MTJ - 19/06/2012 20:21

No, they dont make Commanders anymore, Pulsars were the replacement!
Seriously! They arent gonna burn some buses just because 1 person things they should all just buggar off. This is a business, not an activity to keep enthusiasts entertained!

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - Ultralow - 19/06/2012 20:24

(19/06/2012 19:50)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 15:45)bolton bus basher Wrote:  has any other buses gone up in flames in the north west over the last 2 years?

2578 at Speke went up in flames when it was only a few weeks old! But no way do I avoid Commanders, I LOVE those thingsBig Grin
These things can happen out of the blue but I wouldn't go as far as to avoid a certian type of bus just because of a mishap.

(19/06/2012 14:39)Ultralow Wrote:  There not nice buses so if i was green lane i'd scrap the lot of them including birkenhead!

by looking at the photo it doesn't look as bad as 2412 but the main thing is everyone got off ok !
Personally I hope to see it repaired, I quite like the DAF ALX300's, it's some Myllenium's that have poor ride quality.

I dont like them but its taking it a bit far if i or anyone started to avoid them because it could happen to any bus !

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - buses7675 - 19/06/2012 20:25

I've deleted some posts on this thread because it was going a little off topic and down the wrong route of suggesting buses should be set on fire - The majority of members who posted and I'm sure those who didn't no doubt agree that none of us want any buses to go on fire, let alone set them on fire.

Any such suggestions will result in those members being put onto moderation. Apologies to the majority of members who of course never would suggest this!

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - Nicholas - 19/06/2012 20:27

Bolton Bus Basher, you are showing complete disregard towards bus companies, manufacturers and the travelling public. As someone who works FOR a bus company, I am quite disgusted to see such immature and selfish comments.

I have a lot of respect for this forum, the people who run it, and the people who use it sensibly. You're bringing down the reputation of this board, and are going to land the site owner in a lot of trouble.

I think you really need to take a backward step, think about what you are doing and start posting usefully, rather than clutter the boards up with this rubbish and useless posts that do nothing but boost your own post count. Either that or you're going to be shown the door.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - MPTE1955 - 19/06/2012 20:28

(19/06/2012 20:25)buses7675 Wrote:  I've deleted some posts on this thread because it was going a little off topic and down the wrong route of suggesting buses should be set on fire - The majority of members who posted and I'm sure those who didn't no doubt agree that none of us want any buses to go on fire, let alone set them on fire.

Any such suggestions will result in those members being put onto moderation. Apologies to the majority of members who of course never would suggest this!

Steve to be fair there is only one member on here making silly suggestions like buses on fire, myself & V671 were only saying how daft the comments were.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - buses7675 - 19/06/2012 20:30

I know, you've nothing to worry about! I just didn't want to mention any usernames in my post!

The posts you two made were good and were only deleted because without the original offending posts they no longer made any sense!

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - MPTE1955 - 19/06/2012 20:31

(19/06/2012 20:30)buses7675 Wrote:  I know, you've nothing to worry about! I just didn't want to mention any usernames in my post!

The posts you two made were good and were only deleted because without the original offending posts they no longer made any sense!

Ok, thanks for the explanation.