Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fire Liverpool
Bus Fire Liverpool
Part of London road has been Cordoned off this morning due to a fire in which the bus has been burnt to its shell , apprantley everyone got off safely before the bus burnt itself out. Once again I hope everyone is ok , I haven't been at the scene so I cannot identify which bus it is

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Bus fire Liverpool
(19/06/2012 07:59)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Part of London road has been Cordoned off this morning due to a fire in which the bus has been burnt to its shell , apprantley everyone got off safely before the bus burnt itself out. Once again I hope everyone is ok , I haven't been at the scene so I cannot identify which bus it is

I know you have said you cant identify which bus it is, but did you I.D whose it was and what type. That aside, at least everybody got off safely.
Bit about it from the Firebrigade website.

http://www.merseyfire.gov.uk/aspx/pages/...px?id=1794

Someone on Twitter says its an Arriva one.
Found this as well with picture.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool...um=twitter
This sounds a bit like what happened with 2415 over the water a few months ago.
The bus involved was 2407

Liverpool Echo Article on the incident

The engine is a bit fried but the rest of the bus looks to be fine, apart from a few scorch marks. I'd imagine it'd be saved but it may be a while until it's back on the road.

(19/06/2012 08:42)MPTE1955 Wrote:  This sounds a bit like what happened with 2415 over the water a few months ago.
That was V412 ENC (2412) that had a fire "over the water"; V415 ENC (2415) is still in service at Green Lane! Smile
(19/06/2012 08:49)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  The bus involved was 2407

Liverpool Echo Article on the incident

The engine is a bit fried but the rest of the bus looks to be fine, apart from a few scorch marks. I'd imagine it'd be saved but it may be a while until it's back on the road.
Thanks for that link! Only time will tell with V407 ENC (2407) and whether it'll be repaired and put back onto the road, as 2412 was withdrawn when it had a fire.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/06/2012 08:42)MPTE1955 Wrote:  This sounds a bit like what happened with 2415 over the water a few months ago.

That was 2412 mate. Smile

The fact that yet another ALX 300 has caught fire raises serious questions about the type's future in service.
I just knew that it was going to be another one of these ALX 300's.
(19/06/2012 08:58)Phil Wrote:  

That was 2412 mate. Smile

The fact that yet another ALX 300 has caught fire raises serious questions about the type's future in service.

Couldnt remember the number but for some reason 2415 popped in to my head and being in work I couldnt look it up. thanks anyway.
(19/06/2012 08:59)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I just knew that it was going to be another one of these ALX 300's.

Apart from 2412 and 2407 this morning, are there any other ALX 300s that have caught fire?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)