Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Bus Fire Liverpool - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bus Fire Liverpool (/showthread.php?tid=181)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - kuyoyo - 19/06/2012 16:18

(19/06/2012 15:42)CX54 DKD Wrote:  The recurring fire issue on the DAF SB220 chassis vehicles is down to a design flaw, Kuyoyo has previously given specifics, and is NOT down to Arriva's maintenance of the vehicles. Making such accusations puts the forum on very thin ice and I should think it best to halt them now rather than later.

Indeed I did. Basically, it's due to the way the fuel line goes above the engine. Oil can drip down from it onto the engine. Too much and the end result is basically what happened today with 2407, it goes up in flames.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - mbonwick - 19/06/2012 16:26

Surely it will be high pressure diesel spraying out onto the engine if its a fuel line?

If its oil I would suggest its more likely to be either feed or return from the turbocharger....

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - H101GEV - 19/06/2012 18:31

Guys, two points to bear in mind:

1. Berating forum members in public as we are seeing in several threads recently is unfair. If you have a problem, take it up with a moderator. If this sort of specific 'naming and shaming' continues, warnings will be issued. We will try to tackle the problem of over-posting with moderation over the next few days.

2. Calling into question Arriva's maintenance is totally uncalled for and has to stop.

Thank you for your co-operation.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - thomasl1231 - 19/06/2012 19:00

(19/06/2012 15:45)bolton bus basher Wrote:  has any other buses gone up in flames in the north west over the last 2 years?

Loads of First Manchester's Citaros have! :P

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - T42 PVM - 19/06/2012 19:01

lol always certain types of buses

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - M113 YKC - 19/06/2012 19:07

(19/06/2012 19:01)bolton bus basher Wrote:  lol always certain types of buses
As it's already been said, any bus can catch fire if their engine complicates itself up and nobody notices - I doubt that the fitters of each depot give each bus an extensive check every night (it's impossible)! It could also do so if it hasn't been maintained well enough, however they can just catch fire from a fault that the engine itself has caused. It's very rare that it happens, and as I'm going to say again, it can happen to anything!

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - T42 PVM - 19/06/2012 19:09

yea but looking at the buses that go up its always the certain types so looking at the information it would be safe to say certain types of buses are more at risk than others

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - MPTE1955 - 19/06/2012 19:14

It's a pity we don't have some statistics of buses that have gone up in smoke from around the countryso that we can compare. However, Kuyoyo has long since explained when the ALX300 could have gone up in smoke due to a design fault, but like several of us have already said anything could go up in smoke due to an issue that could have developed. This is now going round in circles and has been since this morning.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - Scania1996 - 19/06/2012 19:50

(19/06/2012 15:45)bolton bus basher Wrote:  has any other buses gone up in flames in the north west over the last 2 years?

2578 at Speke went up in flames when it was only a few weeks old! But no way do I avoid Commanders, I LOVE those thingsBig Grin
These things can happen out of the blue but I wouldn't go as far as to avoid a certian type of bus just because of a mishap.

(19/06/2012 14:39)Ultralow Wrote:  There not nice buses so if i was green lane i'd scrap the lot of them including birkenhead!

by looking at the photo it doesn't look as bad as 2412 but the main thing is everyone got off ok !
Personally I hope to see it repaired, I quite like the DAF ALX300's, it's some Myllenium's that have poor ride quality.

RE: Bus Fire Liverpool - V671 DVU - 19/06/2012 19:58

Sorry to be pedantic, 2578 went up when new at Green Lane. (Easy mistake to make Wink) Wasn't 2578 some electrical fault?