Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
St Helens Bus Network Review - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: St Helens Bus Network Review (/showthread.php?tid=1161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - Bevan Price - 28/06/2016 21:48

I attended the public consultation in St. Helens town centre today. Subject to any adjustments arising from the consultation, all the changes were said to be occurring from 4 September 2016.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - wirralbus - 29/06/2016 12:14

If there is going to be some last minute adjustments to services after this review where do you think they will be ?

Which area after St Helens next up for review .

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - motormayhem1 - 29/06/2016 14:13

The wirral will be getting done in january according to form.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - RedPanda - 29/06/2016 18:40

Having had a proper look at the new routes and areas served, the 20 going to every half hour could be a headache for people in Earlestown. If Park Road/Blackbrook Road is busy at 0730-0930 and 1430 right the way through to 1900, it will severely effect loads in Earlestown. Buses can be quite full on the current 20 minute frequency if a 20 is 5-10 minutes late although nobody ever stands as seats are always availible.
Going to a 30 minute frequency I guess it will be a palaver if one was ever to be late at peak times. I don't want to come across as speculating but a double decker could easily reduce loads at the times above so I'd like to see one double decker on that route during those times. Perhaps passing Haydock High at about 0815 to St Helens and 1515 to Earlestown to help ease loads on a single decker like 320's and the next 20.

There are quite a few kids in Earlestown with Haydock blazers.
Either that or introduce a school bus from Earlestown to Haydock High (mornings) and vice versa (afternoons).

156 stills serves a good proportion of the town and I think it would make sense more buses calling at Lea Green.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - wirralbus - 29/06/2016 18:58

Some of the alterations done both to Kirkby and St Helens route network will have to be reviewed done the line to see if the changes have worked the way they expected or whether they need another tinker , that though will probably have to wait until all areas are looked at .

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - RedPanda - 29/06/2016 19:18

Its much more sensible removing the number of unnecessary letters on route numbers like 17/17B and removing silly things like 121/122. A letter should say if that particular route at that particular time is extended 10B being the only one I can think of as it operates to Huyton only rather than to St Helens. Hope you can see my reasoning for picking the 10B.
137/138 in my eyes is extremely confusing. I wouldn't know if it was going from Billinge to St Helens via St Helens and Prescot. Vice versa as well.
I do feel that this needs a looking at. I'm a bus enthusiast yes but I've always had difficulty understanding the 137/138 route.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - wirralbus - 29/06/2016 19:25

I understand your logic when it comes to the 10B , if you want to remove letters what would you give it , something like 210

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - St Helens Rider - 29/06/2016 19:49

(29/06/2016 18:40)RedPanda Wrote:  Having had a proper look at the new routes and areas served, the 20 going to every half hour could be a headache for people in Earlestown. If Park Road/Blackbrook Road is busy at 0730-0930 and 1430 right the way through to 1900, it will severely effect loads in Earlestown. Buses can be quite full on the current 20 minute frequency if a 20 is 5-10 minutes late although nobody ever stands as seats are always availible.
Going to a 30 minute frequency I guess it will be a palaver if one was ever to be late at peak times. I don't want to come across as speculating but a double decker could easily reduce loads at the times above so I'd like to see one double decker on that route during those times. Perhaps passing Haydock High at about 0815 to St Helens and 1515 to Earlestown to help ease loads on a single decker like 320's and the next 20.

There are quite a few kids in Earlestown with Haydock blazers.
Either that or introduce a school bus from Earlestown to Haydock High (mornings) and vice versa (afternoons).

The 20 has been stripped back drastically over the years. It was at one point every 10 minutes (every 20 to Earlestown, every 20 turning short at Vista Road), now it's down to every 20 minutes, the present proposals put it down to every 30 minutes. I'm wondering if Arriva aren't happy with this after a few months, could it be the end and Vista Road joins Liverpool Road (Pewfall) and Burrows Lane (Eccleston) in being unserved. It does seem to be the usual way of death by a thousand cuts. Course I hope this doesn't happen but unfortunately I've seen this happen so many times elsewhere.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - MTL0201 - 29/06/2016 21:51

(29/06/2016 19:18)RedPanda Wrote:  Its much more sensible removing the number of unnecessary letters on route numbers like 17/17B and removing silly things like 121/122. A letter should say if that particular route at that particular time is extended 10B being the only one I can think of as it operates to Huyton only rather than to St Helens. Hope you can see my reasoning for picking the 10B.
137/138 in my eyes is extremely confusing. I wouldn't know if it was going from Billinge to St Helens via St Helens and Prescot. Vice versa as well.
I do feel that this needs a looking at. I'm a bus enthusiast yes but I've always had difficulty understanding the 137/138 route.

The 121/122 were the tendered routes of 22/22A & no they're not silly routes either, certainly no equivalent routes in the Eccleston area at the times they operate.

10B is the old Liverbus 210, which Arriva renumbered to the 10 series.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - Raawwwrrr! - 29/06/2016 23:38

(29/06/2016 19:18)RedPanda Wrote:  Its much more sensible removing the number of unnecessary letters on route numbers like 17/17B and removing silly things like 121/122. A letter should say if that particular route at that particular time is extended 10B being the only one I can think of as it operates to Huyton only rather than to St Helens. Hope you can see my reasoning for picking the 10B.

The 17B was used to indicate that the service terminates at Widnes Green Oaks unlike the 17 and 17A which continued to Vicarage Road. The 17A operated via Appleton Village, where as the 17 does not.

As mentioned the 10B was Liverbus 210 renumbered into the 1* series as part of the 2000 route simplification. (GTL registered the same route as 210 later)

Both of the above mentioned services has letter signification to indicate a change from the standard route