Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
St Helens Bus Network Review - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: St Helens Bus Network Review (/showthread.php?tid=1161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - motormayhem1 - 28/06/2016 06:42

(28/06/2016 01:10)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Can I just ask everyone to think a bit before they post as some of us (such as myself) actually work for one of the affected companies and this is more than just a route shake up for us, this is our money providing jobs we are talking about. While Hatton's are losing out, HTL are too so I don't see what difference it makes if the 17 is operated from Huyton (which is just 10-15 minutes away by the Linkway, and 10 minutes from Widnes) or Hatton's, who will be based up in Haydock anyway.
Its gonna be an hard time for the smaller firms as to me the government cuts are really affecting them and think they never looked at the bigger picture and how many people would be affected by there drastic cuts to funding and really do hope it dont come down to that as the drivers are the innocent party in all this as they are kept in the dark all the time.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - T42 PVM - 28/06/2016 08:14

(28/06/2016 01:10)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Can I just ask everyone to think a bit before they post as some of us (such as myself) actually work for one of the affected companies and this is more than just a route shake up for us, this is our money providing jobs we are talking about. While Hatton's are losing out, HTL are too so I don't see what difference it makes if the 17 is operated from Huyton (which is just 10-15 minutes away by the Linkway, and 10 minutes from Widnes) or Hatton's, who will be based up in Haydock anyway.

Seems Hattons are losing out slightly on the 12 as its having reduced operating hours, their early morning 17s are most likley lost and they have lost the 121/122 so looking at a PVR drop of 0 in the daytime and 3 at night however they might of won the 60/140 lates, If they have that means just a PVR drop of 1, Mate who works there is currently trying to find out for me if they have them or not

HTL have lost 2 out of 3 Buses on the 137/138/A10 (Am shocked they have not took on the St Helens - Prescot side on Commercially as it does really well!) Their 152 is getting reduced to every 2 hours but all trips are being extended to Ormskirk so that wont affect PVR (Am almost certain HTL will operate the 153 and it will interwork with this) at night HTLs 36,147,156,194,195 and 196 are all being Withdrawn, Seems the 141 has been cut back to Earlstown so it can be operated by 1 Buses (half hour there and half hour back) Its also possible that HTL have won the evening/Sunday 60/140 Tenders, Useful for HTL is the fact the 140 finishes in Rainhill so not that far from their Depot

Arrivas 156 seems to be the biggest Winner, being extended to Ashton in Makerfield and Waterside Village, Chain Lane will have an improved Service as currently they only got a half hourly service but from September they will get an every 20 min service and a direct Bus to St Helens Hospital, Marsden Ave and Dodd Ave will also get an every 20 min service (currently half hourly) One thing i know locals to me aint happy about is the loss of a Bus from Thatto Heath/Sutton Heath - St Helens Hospital, I understand theres a few off to complain about that today.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - RedPanda - 28/06/2016 10:40

(27/06/2016 17:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Dont know how true it is but its said the 156 will serve tesco , b+q(retail park) , sherdley park , lea green then waterside village but please don't quote me on that yet.

A shame I think for Liverpool Road losing it's only service but it's a use it or lose it service. Is that Tesco the big Haydock one or the Extra by Langtree Park? Will it also serve Wagon Lane, Old Whint in both directions and Pocket Nook?

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - motormayhem1 - 28/06/2016 11:20

(28/06/2016 10:40)RedPanda Wrote:  A shame I think for Liverpool Road losing it's only service but it's a use it or lose it service. Is that Tesco the big Haydock one or the Extra by Langtree Park? Will it also serve Wagon Lane, Old Whint in both directions and Pocket Nook?

its still gonna serve old whint and pocket nook as far as im aware of.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - St Helens Rider - 28/06/2016 12:19

I have had a better idea on the subject of the 137/153 services. A better idea maybe to extend the 137 to Norley Drive thus giving the area an hourly service as opposed to 2 hourly and a cross town link to Billinge. This could also make it possible for the 152 to then run every 90 minutes as opposed to every 2 hours (and as far as I can work out, still using the same amount of vehicles).

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - mr t - 28/06/2016 13:00

No one knows who will be running the new/revised evening /Sunday services yet as they now go out to tender like normal so its not just a case of giving operators certain routes because of what they have lost so will be at least a month before anyone gets told for sure.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - T42 PVM - 28/06/2016 13:11

Arriva have a lot of it on a Diminished Contract

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - St Helens Rider - 28/06/2016 15:47

(28/06/2016 12:19)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I have had a better idea on the subject of the 137/153 services. A better idea maybe to extend the 137 to Norley Drive thus giving the area an hourly service as opposed to 2 hourly and a cross town link to Billinge. This could also make it possible for the 152 to then run every 90 minutes as opposed to every 2 hours (and as far as I can work out, still using the same amount of vehicles).
Having just been to the drop in event - I have seen the draft for the 137 and unfortunately it's only using 1 bus, so thus rubbishes my idea above.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - Nicholas - 28/06/2016 18:06

Merseytravel have added maps to the consultation page, which fills in some of the gaps, such as the 156 extension part replaces the 603 and also (as has been asked) runs across town to Lea Green.

RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - St Helens Rider - 28/06/2016 21:47

According to a Merseytravel representative I spoke to today, Arriva were going to route the 156 via Ravenhead Retail Park but were feared of it getting stuck round there at times of heavy traffic/congestion and thus wanted to make it a fast run to Waterside. Apart from the Retail Park, it's the same routing as the 33A in the changes of 2006, coming onto Marshalls Cross just after Robins Lane. Would have been a better idea to go along Sherdley Road and past the Hospital to get more custom as a lack of passengers was cited as the reason the 33A was eventually re-routed.