Current time: 24/04/2024, 22:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Changes to Arriva's Fares
RE: Changes to Arriva's Fares
(20/05/2015 19:03)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Arriva's may be dearer but they do run a lot more services.

They do have a monopoly on a lot of corridors so it really leaves people no option to pay it. If you go out on the QPS corridors, you will find that the majority of passengers have Stagecoach weeklys.

Ive heard that Arrivas plan at the moment is to replace the deckers every 6 years, which could be another reason why fares are that little bit extra.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It would allow for the double deckers to go onto routes where there isnt the profit margin for brand new deckers , but there could be for nearly new vehicles.
So in Cheshire it looks like a GHA day ticket will be cheaper than an Arriva day ticket (rather than the other way around as it is currently) while an Arriva weekly ticket will be cheaper than a GHA weekly ticket (rather than the other way around.)
Looks like Arriva thinks the occasional traveller with the day ticket is the one to get the money off whilst the more regular traveller gets rewarded .
(23/05/2015 16:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Looks like Arriva thinks the occasional traveller with the day ticket is the one to get the money off whilst the more regular traveller gets rewarded .

I suppose they have to keep the weekly passes as cheap as possible so everybody using the qbn doesn't just buy stagecoach!

The number of people who run over the road on the 1/2/71/72 routes to buy the stagecoach ticket then catch an Arriva on the other side is unreal!

I suppose the majority of those buying arrivas tickets rather than stagecoach are because stagecoach don't serve another route they require.

I am no longer active on this forum.
According to a sign i saw on a Bus the Arriva North West and Wales Day Saver is going from £6.50 to £5.50 however i must point out that the same sign said the Southport Links Ticket Price was frozen when it is in fact getting Withdrawn (replaced by the Liverpool Plus Ticket)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)