Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Changes to Arriva's Fares
Changes to Arriva's Fares
From Arrivas Website:

31 May 15
From Sunday 31 May 2015 we will be making a number of changes to our fares in the North West.

Cheshire

The All Area ticket covering the whole of the North West will be reduced from £19.50 to £17.50 for adults and from £13 to £12 for children
Adult single fares will generally be increased by 10p, with proportionate increases to child fares.
The All Area Day ticket covering the whole of the North West will be will be increased to £5.20 for Adults and £3.50 for Children

Greater Manchester

The Greater Manchester zone Day tickets will be FROZEN
The All Area ticket covering the whole of the North West will be reduced from £19.50 to £17.50 for adults and from £13 to £12 for children
The All Area Day ticket covering the whole of the North West will be will be increased to £5.20 for Adults and £3.50 for Children
Adult single fares will generally be increased by 10p, with proportionate increases to child fares.
The Greater Manchester zone Adult and Child Weekly tickets will be increased to £14 and £7

Halton

Halton zone Day and Weekly tickets will be FROZEN
Adult single fares will generally be increased by 10p, with proportionate increases to child fares. However, single fares within Merseyside will be unchanged.

Merseyside

All single fares for Adults and Children will be FROZEN
The Child Day and Weekly ticket will be FROZEN
The Liverpool Zone Adult Day ticket will be extended to cover services into and around Southport and called LiverpoolPLUS, the new price will be £4.20
The Wrrial Zone Adult Day ticket will be increased to £4.20
The Southport ‘LINKS’ Day ticket will be withdrawn
The Merseyside Adult Weekly ticket will be increased to £16
The special £3 return on services 26 and 27 (Sheil Road) will be withdrawn

- See more at: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/La...dYpB1.dpuf

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Changes to Arriva's Fares
Its ridiculous that they've made a Liverpool Plus day ticket which doesn't cover the Wirral! Am I hell going to pay £5.20 for a return to Liverpool, I love the way they want people to get the bus instead of using their cars, I might as well pay the extra 20p from now on and park in Liverpool (£3.40 for tunnel and 2 hours parking for £2 on Brownlow Hill).

Follow me on flickr
worth pointing out that an all zone saveaway is £5.10 meaning anyone on the Wirral wanting to travel to Liverpool could buy that as its cheaper and also use it on the Train

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Are Arriva freezing there prices in Gm because of a lack of network anymore or because of the low prices of Stagecoach/First Networks yet still reasonably priced? by Route miles covered in GM arriva are pricey

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
I am pleased they've reduced the North West Weekly to £17.50
But why don't they just extend the Liverpool day ticket as a Merseyside
Zone like they've done with the weekly ticket it would be less complicated, the
only real advantage with the Wirral day ticket is you can go to Chester on it.
(19/05/2015 20:08)busdude Wrote:  Its ridiculous that they've made a Liverpool Plus day ticket which doesn't cover the Wirral! Am I hell going to pay £5.20 for a return to Liverpool, I love the way they want people to get the bus instead of using their cars, I might as well pay the extra 20p from now on and park in Liverpool (£3.40 for tunnel and 2 hours parking for £2 on Brownlow Hill).

Wow! You've invented a car that runs on fresh air, is given to motorists for free, doesn't need taxing, insuring or an MOT? To be fair, £16 for a weekly Merseyside ticket is excellent value for money, working out at less than £2.30 per day. I suspect that the reason why the Liverpool Plus ticket does not include the Wirral is because the Wirral is not in Liverpool, it's in Merseyside with a Cheshire postcode. Anyway, not to worry, before the election George Osborne promised that Wirral residents would soon be able to use the tunnels toll-free. Look at that, a flying pig!
Do the Merseyside fares also cover the part of the 310/311 route in Lancashire between Maghull and Skelmersdale? I ask as the 300/310/311/375/385 and 395 all operate into the Lancashire area but no fare changes seem to be listed for Lancashire. Thanks.
(20/05/2015 10:11)Barney Wrote:  To be fair, £16 for a weekly Merseyside ticket is excellent value for money, working out at less than £2.30 per day

I agree entirely Barney. With the North West weekly ticket being reduced to £17.50 it will work out as just £2.50 per day - which is just over the cost of a single fare. With the current price of the North West weekly ticket being £19.50 it works out at just under £2.80 per day (still less than two single journeys) which in my opinion is still very good value for money. I really can't understand why some people complain at the cost of the Merseyside or North West weekly tickets to be honest

(20/05/2015 10:11)Barney Wrote:  Anyway, not to worry, before the election George Osborne promised that Wirral residents would soon be able to use the tunnels toll-free. Look at that, a flying pig!

LOL
£16 is still a lot dearer in comparison to Stagecoachs Merseyside Plus weekly which is £13.50 for the whole of Merseyside and West Cheshire.
Arriva's may be dearer but they do run a lot more services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)