Current time: 25/04/2024, 19:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
Latest from Winchem is that Versa 28 has arrived today from Crewe and also short Solo 127 is also at Winchem and was on 130s today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
127 was sent up on Tuesday to take over from a failed vehicle on the 88.
127 itself failed yesterday with a sensor fault and was replaced with Enviro200 33 meaning Winchem is back to one Solo when 130 needs 3 Solos for the route.
(05/11/2021 06:43)M60lad Wrote:  127 itself failed yesterday with a sensor fault and was replaced with Enviro200 33 meaning Winchem is back to one Solo when 130 needs 3 Solos for the route.

From what I understand big Enviros aren't an issue with the speed bumps at Alderley Park. It's some ex-TfL small Enviros.

High Peak had issues with one type of Solo on them as well but bigger vehicles always seem to be fine.
The long Enviros are ok over the humps It's the big hump with the tiled surface near the top by the roundabout is the problem. When the short Enviros go over it when the front wheels are coming off the rear wheels are going on causing the front to nosedive. 53 and 54 are the problem pair as the front suspension is lower although one driver had 53 through there 4 days last week without any problem. He had it on the route again yesterday however booked it off due to lack of heat.

(05/11/2021 08:04)knutstransport Wrote:  From what I understand big Enviros aren't an issue with the speed bumps at Alderley Park. It's some ex-TfL small Enviros.

High Peak had issues with one type of Solo on them as well but bigger vehicles always seem to be fine.

Works for me
Looks like all Altrincham-Wilmslow-Knutsford journeys are being operated by big Enviros today. That may be the first time that's happened since GHA Coaches collapsed.
Looks like due to the road closure in Chorley 88 services are running via Morley Green and Altrincham Road between Knutsford and Wilmslow. This isn't advertised on their website. Realistically they could do a diversion which still serves Chapel Lane and the Coach & Four if they looked at a map and considered how they could serve as many of the stops as possible. It's not like no-one uses the stops for Wilmslow Medical Centre and Sainsbury's.
38 times revised from December. It will mean standard pattern D&G services will depart 13-15 minutes before the Arriva service, instead of 30 minutes, it does mean their last service is slightly later which might be an advantage for some passengers.
107 tracking on the 88 today. That will explain why I saw an Enviro which has a different advert on the rear earlier.
(22/11/2021 15:54)knutstransport Wrote:  107 tracking on the 88 today. That will explain why I saw an Enviro which has a different advert on the rear earlier.

This moved over on Saturday with Solo SR 102 going the other way.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)