Current time: 25/04/2024, 18:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(29/11/2020 17:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am certainly interested to see how D&G deal with the expansion and I hope for passengers sake that they don't go down the usual timetable padding route as that could spell disaster for the services (as it normally means frequency reductions)

I wonder whether they are going down the route when they had South Lancs Travel as a subsidiary, where they treated it as a completely separate company except for the mention of 'Rolling Solutions Ltd' as the parent in their small print.

It would certainly seem strange if D&G Network Returns are not accepted on Chaserider when they are accepted on some other operator's services which Centrebus/Peddle have part ownership of.

The problem with their excessive padding is it often means the gap between services at peak times is often longer than at off-peak times e.g. something like an 07:05 service, followed by an 08:30, then every hour until 16:30, with a 17:50 service and then a final bus at 19:15.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
D&G advertising they urgently need drivers at Northwich and are also advertising for mechanics at Cannock
https://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=D%26G%20Bus%20Ltd
Fantastic news today, D&G has released their AVL data and thus now track on bustimes.org.
(04/12/2020 08:18)iMarkeh Wrote:  Fantastic news today, D&G has released their AVL data and thus now track on bustimes.org.

It would be better if D&G or the local authorities had their own tracking site/app which could then provide useful information to passengers, rather than the information just being on a site that's popular with bus enthusiasts.

Just noticed Streetlite DRZ 4018 is shown on the 42, is that a recent addition?
I found a list that included three ex-Rotala streetlites, but couldn't find any verification.
Looking at the tracking history for the 82 this morning it seems that these duties are being operated by Crewe Depot. Is this a permanent move, thanks
The 82s have been operated by Crewe depot for some weeks now. Drivers take their meal break at Wincham depot.

(09/12/2020 12:08)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Looking at the tracking history for the 82 this morning it seems that these duties are being operated by Crewe Depot. Is this a permanent move, thanks

Works for me
Has YX09 FMG either broken down or been involved in an accident near Macclesfield Hospital? I saw the 15:45 Macclesfield to Altrincham leaving Knutsford almost 40 minutes late so I thought I'd have a look at that journey on the tracker and whatever bus left Knutsford isn't appearing on the tracker. However, the tracker does show YX09 FMG left Macclesfield, but it's only shown as going as far as Macclesfield Hospital. Not the ideal way for the tracker to work.

I've noticed D&G only seem to be using 2 of their Versas most days and 1 of their 64 reg Enviros gets a rest each day, while another seems to be used for a staff swap and then the afternoon 188 only. I wonder if that's to reduce the time between servicing for their larger vehicles?

Strange Crewe are running the 82 at the moment when it's one of only two Mon-Sat routes D&G have which serve Northwich. Although, the advert for drivers at Northwich suggested they needed more and needed them soon.
Just to add to my previous post I noticed SL64 JGF took the place of YX09 FMG but tracked as being on the 188 service, not the 88 service and appeared to start on Victoria Rd, Macclesfield (50 minutes behind schedule) and arrived in Wilmslow (30 minutes behind schedule.) There's a lot of padding in that journey!
40 (YX09 FMG) broke down in Macclesfield hospital and was replaced by 30 (SL64 JGF) 30 ran private to Knutsford and picked up service from there to Altrincham. Departed Knutsford around 17.10 It likely tracked as a 188 as that may be what the bus was last used on and the driver only input the 88 in Knutsford.

(10/12/2020 17:45)knutstransport Wrote:  Just to add to my previous post I noticed SL64 JGF took the place of YX09 FMG but tracked as being on the 188 service, not the 88 service and appeared to start on Victoria Rd, Macclesfield (50 minutes behind schedule) and arrived in Wilmslow (30 minutes behind schedule.) There's a lot of padding in that journey!

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)