Current time: 23/04/2024, 14:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(22/08/2020 23:28)iMarkeh Wrote:  The 108/109 is an interesting win for D&G. They are slowly taking over Macclesfield making their fares even more attractive to potential users.
Macclesfield to Hanley for £5.50 (Admittedly takes 2 hours but still).

On another forum, it was mentioned that because of the ticket acceptance in place with Midland Classic, you would be able to get from Manchester Airport to East Midlands Airport for £5.50. It would take all day but it would be doable.

Not sure about that with the services being so infrequent. I did Knutsford to Buxton in the days GHA operated the 27. Doing Knutsford to Buxton by bus in the morning was practical but attempting to do a return journey in the afternoon when there were long gaps between Knutsford departures from Macclesfield wasn't practical so I go a Wayfarer ticket and did the return journey via Stockport by train.

The one area where I can see the £5.50 return being useful is for someone living on the 38/109 routes who needs to attend an appointment at Macclesfield hospital, then they can travel on either the 88 or 130 between Macclesfield bus station and Macclesfield hospital for no additional cost. However, even then it won't make great connections at time e.g. an 88 & 130 both depart Macc bus station at 10:45, with it being 12:15 before the following service. It's better mid-afternoon with 14:45, 15:15, 15:45 departures but the question is if you had a late afternoon appointment at the hospital would you make the last bus home with a connection at Macclesfield bus station?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/08/2020 09:37)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Depending on timing it would be quicker to change from 88 in Wilmslow to the 130 to Macclesfield

Going from the 88 to 109 at Macclesfield would involve a 2 hour wait there given the 109 would be departing Macclesfield bus station at the same time as the 88 is arriving at a bay outside the bus station!
Has the 108 not been running - it doesn't seem to appear on traveline?
(23/08/2020 12:18)mikestone Wrote:  Has the 108 not been running - it doesn't seem to appear on traveline?

I think some timetables have managed to disappear from Traveline in the process of them moving to and from emergency timetables. The Macclesfield-Knutsford part of the 88 managed to disappear at one point.

Aimees Travel site is showing an 'emergency timetable' for the 108 with 6 return workings Mon-Fri and 3 return workings on Sat, with 6 return workings Mon-Fri on the 109 and 5 on Sat.
(23/08/2020 10:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Not sure about that with the services being so infrequent. I did Knutsford to Buxton in the days GHA operated the 27. Doing Knutsford to Buxton by bus in the morning was practical but attempting to do a return journey in the afternoon when there were long gaps between Knutsford departures from Macclesfield wasn't practical so I go a Wayfarer ticket and did the return journey via Stockport by train.

The one area where I can see the £5.50 return being useful is for someone living on the 38/109 routes who needs to attend an appointment at Macclesfield hospital, then they can either the 88 or 130 between Macclesfield bus station and Macclesfield hospital for no additional cost. However, even then it won't make great connections at time e.g. an 88 & 130 both depart Macc bus station at 10:45, with it being 12:15 before the following service. It's better mid-afternoon with 14:45, 15:15, 15:45 departures but the question is if you had a late afternoon appointment at the hospital would you make the last bus home with a connection at Macclesfield bus station?

I think if D&G sort their timetables out a bit more so they interwork a bit better & don't have big gaps between services they'd be quids in!!!!

With arriva still having their macc depot shut at gaw end lane it doesn't look good for them. Plus D&G have got a load of ex arriva winsford & macclesfield drivers working for them. If they takeover macclesfield from arriva I think they'll be welcomed. Much friendlier drivers than arriva & competitive fares, what's not to like?
(24/08/2020 12:20)33109 Wrote:  If they takeover macclesfield from arriva I think they'll be welcomed. Much friendlier drivers than arriva & competitive fares, what's not to like?

How much are Arriva charging for singles these days? It seems with D&G in Cheshire if you're going more than about 2 miles they'll charge you over £4 for a single even though return fares are capped at £5.50 and weekly tickets are only £15.50. Crewe is an exception but then it's an area where D&G have competition opposed to being the only operator on a particular route.
Singles are about £2.90 I think.
Aren't the Macc locals a flat fare?

(24/08/2020 17:45)33109 Wrote:  Singles are about £2.90 I think.

Works for me
D&Gs own drivers may be more friendly but who's to say the ex Arriva ones will become so?

(24/08/2020 12:20)33109 Wrote:  With arriva still having their macc depot shut at gaw end lane it doesn't look good for them. Plus D&G have got a load of ex arriva winsford & macclesfield drivers working for them. If they takeover macclesfield from arriva I think they'll be welcomed. Much friendlier drivers than arriva & competitive fares, what's not to like?

Works for me
Spoke to D&G about the 2 hour frequency on the 288 and early last departures, informed that there is no plans currently to increase or add extra services. Confused

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)