Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
Only route Diamond at Bolton operate out of Bolton now is 635 Wigan-Appley Bridge service and the evening 575 service and the 126 & 607/8 are operated out of Eccles Depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A few StreetDecks have branding for routes 36/37, 163 or 471.

At least 69145 and maybe others repainted ready for Preston have been reupholstered. I rode it on route 501 yesterday, which looked to be all single-deck. When I last visited Bolton on Spring Bank Holiday 2019, First put just double-decks on it.
(17/01/2021 09:45)Mrboo Wrote:  Nightclub / bars are not always by the book with money under the counter lots of cash and many DJ/Techs/cleaners/hire firms work in cash and used for iffy money reason the underworld used to like them. But my point is they look at books when they work out what they will pay for loss of earning if you had less income and been given ballouts it does mess with what would be offered. it`s the time to buy not sell

But what not been talked about is what happened in Cornwall with Transport for Cornwall now that would be the way to go with Transport for Manchester taking all Tenders inhouse with them taking all fares and risk and finding 1 company to run them all at a set fee who then will run them or find someone to run them. then commercial routes having to get a permit like London. now I could see DNW being happy for that as they could carry on with there core routes and has the new buses to go for Transport for Manchester work

I know this is an old post but I wonder whether this Cornwall example could be replicated in Greater Manchester. So, we could have Rotala the successful bidder for Wigan & Bolton who subcontract some work to Stagecoach and maybe Wigan. Then Manchester North & Rochdale won by Go-Ahead with some work subcontracted to First and Stagecoach. Then Manchester South region could be won by Stagecoach with some work subcontracted to Arriva and Go Goodwins. This would provide stability for several of the main operators in the region.

Disclaimer: These might not be the right names for the 3 franchised regions but you get my drift.
(25/04/2021 06:59)Metroline1511 Wrote:  A few StreetDecks have branding for routes 36/37, 163 or 471.

At least 69145 and maybe others repainted ready for Preston have been reupholstered. I rode it on route 501 yesterday, which looked to be all single-deck. When I last visited Bolton on Spring Bank Holiday 2019, First put just double-decks on it.

69139,69145,69146,69149,69153,69157,69159,69166 & 69186 already at Preston are the 9 currently in Preston Livery another one is also yet to be repainted.
(25/04/2021 11:40)darylyates17 Wrote:  69139,69145,69146,69149,69153,69157,69159,69166 & 69186 already at Preston are the 9 currently in Preston Livery another one is also yet to be repainted.

I am told 66914/919 have also now received Preston colours along with another 691XX that I've forgotten the number of.
(25/04/2021 12:41)Solo40336 Wrote:  I am told 66914/919 have also now received Preston colours along with another 691XX that I've forgotten the number of.

Surprising that I thought only the 06 plates were being done unless the other 17 are being done and kept for a bit longer.
I’ve noticed that 66905 has had new seat moquette fitted are they keeping more than 10 or are they done to look better if they sell them?
(25/04/2021 09:05)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I know this is an old post but I wonder whether this Cornwall example could be replicated in Greater Manchester. So, we could have Rotala the successful bidder for Wigan & Bolton who subcontract some work to Stagecoach and maybe Wigan. Then Manchester North & Rochdale won by Go-Ahead with some work subcontracted to First and Stagecoach. Then Manchester South region could be won by Stagecoach with some work subcontracted to Arriva and Go Goodwins. This would provide stability for several of the main operators in the region.

Disclaimer: These might not be the right names for the 3 franchised regions but you get my drift.
First also did Same in Bristol with one of the metrobus routes going to Bristol community transport as it was Subcontracted by First. But in Cornwall Go Ahead would have needed to find lots of drivers and some of the smaller towns would have needed small buses so it worked better to just work with others who was local or there would of been lots of dead mileage.

It unknown yet what the plan is how they plan to break it all up. Be it by group of routes or by old depot or route by route. only info I seen is a map area of Bolton / Wigan / Salford and free city buses going first. So First / GNW / Stagecoach / Arriva / DNW / Vision / Goodwin's have routes at risk.
(25/04/2021 12:41)Solo40336 Wrote:  I am told 66914/919 have also now received Preston colours along with another 691XX that I've forgotten the number of.

66900 is another repaint into PB livery seen to today
A photo appeared on a local Facebook page last night showing a Diamond Streetdeck having been involved in a nasty collision in Ramsbottom. Although the photo is unclear the post claims the bus hit at least 3 parked cars, with one car having rode ontop of another. Nothing about any injuries mentioned so hopefully there is none.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)