Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
(14/08/2020 22:24)WWH44L Wrote:  Glad it’s not just me .....???? both Diamond and GNW are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. Both are doing the best they can under the current circumstances and by their long term plans in my view.

Totally agreed with you, on everything you have said in the last few postings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/08/2020 21:29)Mrboo Wrote:  If your spending big money all on finance how much more does it cost to have window guard when there over hanging trees on some routes like one of the layby of number 8 route a reason there open topper should of not been on that route.

Simon Dunn wrote the following on the 'wmbusphotos' forum.

"I originally exchanged the bus against a debt. It was originally planned for the Midlands and was sent to paint. Bolton have since asked if they could keep it, and considering we are most in need of vehicles there in the short term, it is staying there for now"

Source: http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?t...#msg282384
(15/08/2020 18:22)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Simon Dunn wrote the following on the 'wmbusphotos' forum.

"I originally exchanged the bus against a debt. It was originally planned for the Midlands and was sent to paint. Bolton have since asked if they could keep it, and considering we are most in need of vehicles there in the short term, it is staying there for now"

Source: http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?t...#msg282384

Hmmm so it wasn’t pulled out of storage, painted and revealed to celebrate the one year anniversary of them taking over Bolton depot but actually because they were short of buses.... how to put a good spin on things.
Not to sure when the open-topper will be out again as apparently its developed an oil leak so its been off the road this week, also looking at the weather forecast its not going to be open-top weather this coming week.
Diamond Bus having some problems with fake Twitter accounts (guessing it's https://twitter.com/DiamondbusNW1):

Quote:As some of you may be aware there is a twitter page that is impersonating us here at DBNW. We don't have any issues with our page, Any tweets/posts you may receive that do not come from our Official site @DiamondBusNW please ignore them.

https://twitter.com/DiamondBusNW/status/...8798240768
Just an idea - should this thread be relabelled as Rotala - Diamond Bus North West ?
It was my first time out in Manchester today since lockdown and I was surprised that the 8, 36 and 37 seemed to be mostly single deckers. The 163 seemed to be all streetdeck but I'd have thought the main Bolton to Manchester routes would have been first in line for new buses, especially as the 163 isn't really in Diamond territory, I thought it was odd that First moved the 163 to Bolton when Bury closed.
I have just seen on DBNW 1 Year video that they are looking into further new routes and that got me thinking what new routes are they planning on introducing.
(25/08/2020 11:19)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  I have just seen on DBNW 1 Year video that they are looking into further new routes and that got me thinking what new routes are they planning on introducing.

The saying ‘don’t run before you can walk’ comes to mind. They still have a massive driver shortage of drivers holding weekly recruitment days that very few go too. An aging fleet. Many of the Solos at Eccles become too old for tenders come September.
(25/08/2020 11:19)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  I have just seen on DBNW 1 Year video that they are looking into further new routes and that got me thinking what new routes are they planning on introducing.

Listed on bustimes.org are several new school/college bus services. I don't think Diamond have operated schools since selling/scrapping the double deckers shortly after takeover from South Lancs Travel.

Bolton depot:-
600 Gathurst - Tyldesley
656 Gathurst - Leigh
657 Hindley - Gathurst
663 Dangerous Corner - Gathurst
963 Winstanley Park - Dangerous Corner
Eccles depot:-
773 Hale - Altrincham College of Arts via Oldfield Brow
795 Cadishead - Wellacre Academy via Eccles

Gathurst being St John Rigby College

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)