Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
Does anyone know the status of 33027 please?

Thanks

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The first four B7RLEs have gone back to First (Buses of Somerset), 66901&66909 at Taunton and 66903&66983 at Bridgewater. Another four due next week.
I’ve noticed that the First Group ordered StreetDecks seem to be having their white destys replaces with orange ones is this to make the match the Rotala ordered StreetDecks?
(14/08/2020 14:46)darylyates17 Wrote:  I’ve noticed that the First Group ordered StreetDecks seem to be having their white destys replaces with orange ones is this to make the match the Rotala ordered StreetDecks?

Well they should remove the tree defender bars then as some don't have them on the cheap ones they ordered
(14/08/2020 20:03)Mrboo Wrote:  Well they should remove the tree defender bars then as some don't have them on the cheap ones they ordered

Mate, I seriously don’t think an investment of 128 new deckers counts as cheap!! Might not to be your liking but get a grip and stop nit picking! I’m sure those in power and the manufactures have taken everything into consideration.

I’m seriously doubting the thinking and motives behind some of the posts I’ve read on various forums over the last few months. Criticisms are fine but if they are not constructive, then I find I just find myself rolling my eyes. I’ve been an enthusiast for near on 40 years now, and I've seriously started to question the rationale behind these type of posts. ????
(14/08/2020 20:49)WWH44L Wrote:  Mate, I seriously don’t think an investment of 128 new deckers counts as cheap!! Might not to be your liking but get a grip and stop nit picking! I’m sure those in power and the manufactures have taken everything into consideration.

I’m seriously doubting the thinking and motives behind some of the posts I’ve read on various forums over the last few months. Criticisms are fine but if they are not constructive, then I find I just find myself rolling my eyes. I’ve been an enthusiast for near on 40 years now, and I've seriously started to question the rationale behind these type of posts. ????
If your spending big money all on finance how much more does it cost to have window guard when there over hanging trees on some routes like one of the layby of number 8 route a reason there open stopper should of not been on that route. Takes 1 passanger to get hert
It was not a investment as they did not buy any buses from first a bus firm without buses is a what? It far better to buy or get finance for new buses as they come with Warranty and lower running costs. And having 1 type saves on having to keep stock for many bus types. Look at Blackpool Transport was a great move cost them more but means buses are always looked after and so sell 2nd hand for more. So does it cost them more as they have fix costs and with a town of new buses looks smart to bus users after the sheds they been running great for us mind you to get many bus types.
(14/08/2020 21:29)Mrboo Wrote:  If your spending big money all on finance how much more does it cost to have window guard when there over hanging trees on some routes like one of the layby of number 8 route a reason there open stopper should of not been on that route. Takes 1 passanger to get hert
It was not a investment as they did not buy any buses from first a bus firm without buses is a what? It far better to buy or get finance for new buses as they come with Warranty and lower running costs. And having 1 type saves on having to keep stock for many bus types. Look at Blackpool Transport was a great move cost them more but means buses are always looked after and so sell 2nd hand for more. So does it cost them more as they have fix costs and with a town of new buses looks smart to bus users after the sheds they been running great for us mind you to get many bus types.

I sort of understand what you’re getting at, maybe articulate it better so that others understand the angle you are coming from.

I’m sure the powers that be at Diamond have costed everything out in terms of their investments and maybe they thought they don’t need tree guards. Maybe Wrights have changed the construction so that these guards are not needed anymore. Have you maybe thought of that? They probably haven’t, but we should always think about these sort of scenarios rather than just jumped to our own conclusions and pick faults.

Not sure where you are coming from saying it’s not an investment just because they didn’t buy the fleet from first. They had to shell out £5m+ for the depot and plant together with lease costs etc so in my view it’s definitely an investment. Having a 128 new buses will ensure the fleet is more standardised than it is now too which will help greatly with running costs. But I’m sure ‘enthusiasts’ will still find fault in whatever the company does ???????? Standard these days if anyone dislikes any sort of improvement!
(14/08/2020 21:29)Mrboo Wrote:  It was not a investment as they did not buy any buses from first a bus firm without buses is a what?

It was an investment. Rotala didn't get the depot for free and Wrightbus aren't giving away 128 StreetDecks for nothing. Diamond still has to pay the leasing costs for them

(14/08/2020 21:29)Mrboo Wrote:  Look at Blackpool Transport was a great move cost them more but means buses are always looked after and so sell 2nd hand for more. So does it cost them more as they have fix costs and with a town of new buses looks smart to bus users after the sheds they been running great for us mind you to get many bus types.

I can assure you for a fact the buses they bought from Bus Vannin were not "sheds" at all. In fact ex-Isle of Man stock is very highly sought after in the second hand market - and with a good refurbishment you get a bus which is arguably as good as a brand new one for a fraction of the cost. It is a very popular and very economically sound strategy for operators who want to update their fleet. New buses are nice to have but firstly they're not the be-all and end-all of public transport - and secondly - they have to have a sound return on investment ratio otherwise the operator is going to lose a lot of money and potentially go bankrupt trying to pay for new buses which they can't afford. Bus operators are businesses and their primary focus is to provide a service to their customers and not to please enthusiasts

I really don't understand what you're getting at. You complained Go North West haven't bought any new buses and now you're criticising Diamond because they've bought new buses without tree deflectors installed

SK15 GZG
(14/08/2020 22:11)SK15 GZG Wrote:  It was an investment. Rotala didn't get the depot for free and Wrightbus aren't giving away 128 StreetDecks for nothing. Diamond still has to pay the leasing costs for them

I can assure you for a fact the buses they bought from Bus Vannin were not "sheds" at all. In fact ex-Isle of Man stock is very highly sought after in the second hand market - and with a good refurbishment you get a bus which is arguably as good as a brand new one for a fraction of the cost. It is a very popular and very economically sound strategy for operators who want to update their fleet. New buses are nice to have but firstly they're not the be-all and end-all of public transport - and secondly - they have to have a sound return on investment ratio otherwise the operator is going to lose a lot of money and potentially go bankrupt trying to pay for new buses which they can't afford. Bus operators are businesses and their primary focus is to provide a service to their customers and not to please enthusiasts

I really don't understand what you're getting at. You complained Go North West haven't bought any new buses and now you're criticising Diamond because they've bought new buses without tree deflectors installed

Glad it’s not just me .....???? both Diamond and GNW are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. Both are doing the best they can under the current circumstances and by their long term plans in my view.
(14/08/2020 22:24)WWH44L Wrote:  Glad it’s not just me .....???? both Diamond and GNW are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. Both are doing the best they can under the current circumstances and by their long term plans in my view.

Completely agreed

Go North West should be praised for investing in high quality second hand stock whilst updating the legacy fleet which they are retaining to a similarly high standard. They have also spent a significant sum on sorting out the depot building and also refurbishing the depot's historic clock. I have no doubts at all that expansion and new stock will come for Go North West in the next twelve to eighteen months or so - but for now their focus is rightfully on consolidating what they have in the here and now. I have to admit I found it very amusing when another poster complained Go North West hadn't changed the fleet numbers which in the grand scheme of things is completely irrelevant

As a more established operator with a stronger business case Diamond are in a better position to acquire new stock (whether outright or leased) and again they should be commended for doing so. They've also acquired some decent second hand stock for Bolton depot which has also gone towards updating the fleet - in addition I think that their new "Brighter Diamond" livery is very smart and a significant improvement on the last one. It's disappointing and I think very unfair that some people will never give operators credit when it's due

SK15 GZG

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)