Current time: 06/05/2024, 04:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Yes that is correct, my bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I haven't been able to get up to Middleton or into Manchester since the JPT takeover due to work commitments but is anyone able to confirm the following:

It seems the 3 JPT vehicles back out in service have Stagecoach legals and 'discrete' Stagecoach fleetnumbers as well as the former JPT fleetnumbers but are they using Stagecoach ticket machines or JPT's ticket machines and are these vehicles being driven by Stagecoach or JPT drivers, i.e. are they wearing full stagecoach uniforms??
As far as I know from what I've seen most if not all of the former JPT Drivers have been issued with Stagecoach Uniforms and are wearing them as for the JPT vehicles from what I can gather their being driven by a mixture of Stagecoach and JPT drivers from Middleton Depot
Further to this from what I saw yesterday all former JPT buses have now been fitted with Stagecoach ERG Ticket Machines with notices in the windscreen saying JPT Service
Anyone taken any or know of any photos taken off any repainted B7TLs or Enviro300's and any photos of the Leylands or Volvo Olympians out in service?
(19/05/2014 15:43)acocker96 Wrote:  Anyone taken any or know of any photos taken off any repainted B7TLs or Enviro300's and any photos of the Leylands or Volvo Olympians out in service?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71771086@N08/14204797392
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5481/14205...6680_b.jpg (fleetnumber is white on yellow, doesn't do much for visibility)
(19/05/2014 15:43)acocker96 Wrote:  Anyone taken any or know of any photos taken off any repainted B7TLs or Enviro300's and any photos of the Leylands or Volvo Olympians out in service?

I was told repainting had been out on hold pending clearance of the takeover.
(19/05/2014 16:01)joe_alker Wrote:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/71771086@N08/14204797392
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5481/14205...6680_b.jpg (fleetnumber is white on yellow, doesn't do much for visibility)

What's the irony that the Volvo B10L's and B6LE's ended up back with the company they are bought from (Stagecoach the company btw)
(19/05/2014 19:26)acocker96 Wrote:  What's the irony that the Volvo B10L's and B6LE's ended up back with the company they are bought from (Stagecoach the company btw)

I thought R reg rear engine low floor B10's where B10BLE's, B10L' being P reg and earlier. Is there much of a difference?
(19/05/2014 19:33)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I thought R reg rear engine low floor B10's where B10BLE's, B10L' being P reg and earlier. Is there much of a difference?

According to wikipedia they were built from 1994-99 and it seems they are the first attempt at a low floor version of the B10M but the B10BLE was more successful as it shared more similarities with the B10B I think that was probably what the draw for companies was at the tine like First Manchester had plenty of B10B's to begin which might explain why they want for BLE's rather than L's. So i think the difference is the chassis design due to the BLE being more like the B which they were already familiar with if anyone else has anything else to add?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)